Registry and Gift Forum

gift for your groom?

anyone getting your groom a gift? We went back on forth on whether or not to do gifts for each other, and decided to do it. Now my fiance is crowing about how awesome my gift is, and I am freaking out because I have no idea what to get him (and not a lot of money either). ack! help! I was thinking of some sunglasses for our honeymoon (a brand he loves, and his current pair are looking raggedy), but that seems so impersonal.

Re: gift for your groom?

• My FI has been complaining that his ipod is dying...I was thinking of getting him a new one and putting a "wedding day" playlist on it of some favorite songs for him to listen to while he gets ready for the wedding.
  • Im getting my FI a puzzle from the new york times store. You can choose any day you want and they take the cover page from that day and make it into a puzzle im choosing the day he proposed. Its a little sentimental because we call each other our puzzle pieces
  • B-Pics for sure... not sure what else, if anything. I was thinking maybe a nice pair of cufflinks. He always wants to be able to look snazzy.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Our gifts were more cute and sweet than big and expensive. We agreed that with the honeymoon and wedding, we didn't need to spend a lot of money on each other. I got DH a basket of goodies and each had a card explaining their significance: - extra black tux socks "in case your feet get cold" (he actually did forget his socks for the wedding, so good thing I got him extras!) - a bottle of his favorite liquor for him and the groomsmen "in case your feet get really cold" - sunglasses "in case it's sunny in the rainforest" (we went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon) - monogrammed cufflinks that opened up and inside each was one of our engagement photos and a line from our vows that we wrote together. The card said "in case you forget your vows" DH got me cute honeymoon stuff: lingerie ;) a new beach bag, sunglasses, flip flops, SPF 100 sunblock
  • the puzzle idea is really sweet! I like the little basket idea...I just got him the sunglasses (we are going to costa rica too!) and I think I will add a bottle of gentlemen's jack for him and the fellas to nip on, and some other odds and ends. :)
  • I got my FI b-pics.  That is all he is getting from me.  I ordered an album for all the pics.  Hopefully he likes it.  I am pretty sure he will.  Now that he knows that I got him something, he is freaking out trying to figure out what to get me!  :-)
  • DH got to marry me; that was all the gift he needed! :)
  • My FI always talks about how he's always wanted a pocketwatch, so I plan on getting him one with one of our e-pics inside of it.  I figure a wedding where he's wearing a tux will be the only occasion where he'll get to use anyway, so it works!I plan on doing b-pics for our one year anniversary (paper), lol.
  • We did. We kept it around $20 though. I got him some Snoopy cufflinks off Etsy :)
  • I got his ring engraved.  $20 - and I catch him looking at it quite often :)   I second the idea of cufflinks or something he can wear on your wedding day.
  • I'm planning to get some cufflinks with the word Groom, as it's the only time he'll be a groom I thought that would be quite special. I like the iPod idea too. Good luck ladies! xjcx
  • My guy loves watches, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get him one for the big day. I plan to have one of my friends take it to him before the ceremony, complete with a note about how much I look forward to spending a lifetime with him.
  • You all have some really good ideas! I was thinking of getting my FI a grill because he likes doing bbq's. But, he might want to have a customized grill soooo.....I'm clueless.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards