Virginia

marriage license

My wedding date is 6/4/2012 (tuesday). We are driving down from Rhode Island on Saturday. I know most if not all city courts are closed on Sundays, so we were planning on getting our license on Monday (6/3). I am already nervous that something won't work out and we wont be able to get married the next day. I am just wondering if anyone has done this before and what can I expect at the court? Also which one is closest to Sandbridge?
Thanks!!
Lindsay

Re: marriage license

• I believe marriage licences in VA are good for 60 days after getting it -- I know for a fact that there is no waiting period required.  Meaning, you can go get your marrige license then get married ten minutes later by a judge (provided that one is available).

I would recommend you find the courthouse you want to use, and call them.  Find out EXACTLY what documentation you need to bring, what their fees are, what kind of payment they take, etc.   This way there will be no surprises when you show up to get the license.  Also, try to make an appointment if you can.
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards