Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Immaculate Conception Chapel, Brewster, MA

Hey there. Does anyone know anything about the Immaculate Conception Chapel in Brewster (East Brewster?)? I know it is part of the Our Lady of the Cape parish, and it is only open seasonally. I really love the church and would love to get married there, but it is already closed for the season. I can't find much info online, so anything you know is appreciated! We are still in the early stages of planning, which is why I am not just calling the church up myself. Thanks.

Re: Immaculate Conception Chapel, Brewster, MA

• edited December 2011
    I do not know too much about that chapel but can tell you that Our Lady of the Cape is strict about getting married there if you are not from Brewster and do not have a summer house. They gave us a hard time when we called and wanted us to jump through hoops to be able to get married there.  So they may be just as strict wth Immaculate Conception. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks-- that's good to know. I wonder if a grandparent who lives in Brewster would be helpful. Thanks for the pointer.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually think that would help you a lot because you have a tie to the community.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I got married at the chapel this past May.  I don't live in Brewster, but my parents do, and they gave us no problem at all (it never even came up in conversation).  I will tell you that the receptionist, Happy, is a bit strict with the rules over the phone, but the actual priests are very easy to work with.  We had our initial meeting with Fr. Bernie (the pastor) but requested to be married by Fr. John as we preferred his "style."  The fee was $500. I absolutely loved the chapel as my guest count was so small (about 75) that it seemed "full."  We sat everyone in the center aisle.  We decorated every other pew with flowers as well as the doors, and it looked really pretty.  What else can I answer for you?  I'm happy to share some pictures of the chapel.  Feel free to email me at erin_pepin@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    Did you get the email I sent you?  I had a hard time attaching photos as they were too big (pro pics).  If you didn't receive it, let me know, and I'll resend without any attachments.  ~ erin
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Erin-- I'm sorry, I did get your email! I was so excited to see more pix of the inside that I got too distracted to say thank you. So... Thank you! Your pictures came out great. Also it was great to hear that they opened it early for you, gives me hope that they will open it late for me, like the weekend after Columbus day. We haven't picked a date at all so things are still in limbo. I may ask you more questions later, if that's ok! Thanks again.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh good - glad you enjoyed them!  And yes, I'm here.  Feel free to fire away with questions.  Enjoy your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards