Missouri-Kansas City

Vendor Review: Wedding Attire

I will use this feed back to post under the "Vendor review" section of our website. Please post which places you visited/purchased from for your gown, BM dresses, MOB attire, weddings you were in, etc. TIA!

Re: Vendor Review: Wedding Attire

• edited December 2011
    I went to 4 shops in the area while looking.1) Ida's: they were professional and very helpful. I probably tried on 20+ gowns there. They also didn't go over my budget.2. Amore in Independence: They were very helpful. The lady who helped me was really good at getting me to pick the dress. (I'm the Bride who found several). Professional and friendly! They were my 2nd favorite shop. 3. Bridal Extraordinaire: I didn't try on that many dresses and it felt like they were trying to get me out of there. Needless to say, my dress didn't come from there.4. Emily Hart: This is where I got my dress from, so this is my favorite obviously! The staff was very very friendly and extremely helpful. I love it there! Plus the discount was more for BM/MOB dresses - 15% instead of 10% at the others if you got your dress there!
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to add that at Amore, they had a lot of dresses that were under my budget so that was definitely nice! A lot of them were around the $1,000 mark.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress, veil, and MOB dress from Gown Gallery and have had a wonderful experience!  They stayed in my budget, did a great job with sizing and answering all my questions.I also tried on dresses at Bridal Extraordinaire and had a great experience shopping for bridal gowns.  She pulled beautiful gowns, I just didn't find one that I absolutely didn't want to take off!  However we also looked for BM dresses there and had almost no help with that aspect.I think we are going to order the BM dresses from Mia's which has been really great about helping us in that department.
  • kcmedstudentkcmedstudent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Extraordinaire is where I got my dress.  It was the only place I went, but I looked online a lot.  A friend of mine from church works there, so that's I wanted to at least look.We had a private room to ourselves which was nice.  She just would bring the dresses into the room..I told her my budget, under $1000.  She only brought me dresses that were under my budget.  She sat down and asked me what I had in mind.  I really didn't have "the one" in mind.  I'm not a big puffy girl, so I didn't want a full ballgown; I was thinking more a-line and strapless.She brought in four to start with.  Then we narrowed it down from there based on the fit that I liked and the beading/lace and neckline.  Right away I liked the mermaid fit, so she brought me mermaid dresses to try on.  I think I tried on 10 dresses.  I kept going back to the first or second one I tried on.  Then I said, can I try on a halter top with the same fit.  Then she brought "the one".  It was the last dress I tried on.Also, if you buy a dress your first visit there you get something like a 15% discount.  I believe dress and veil were both under $700 (well below my budget).
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also puchased my dress at Emily Hart (just bought it this weekend and am still glowing about it!). Emily and my consultant, Debbie, were both fabulous to work with and very helpful. When I choose the dress they let me where it for another two hours while we talked accessories and bridesmaids dresses! I'll be getting those dresses there as well. Emily offered a payment plan to help my mom's wallet out, 15% anything else purchased that day, 15% off all other dresses (BM, MOB, flower girl), and 30% off any veil. I highly recommend Emily!
  • edited December 2011
    I also went to Emily Hart. Emily was amazing to work with! It ended up being the only place I went. I found my dress my first time out. Emily really made it an incredible experience for me. She also said that I could go back in and visit/try my dress on any time I wanted. I might be taking her up on that soon!
  • edited December 2011
    We bought my wedding dress and acessories and our bridesmaid dresses at Mia's Bridal. We also rented our tuxes there, because they have discounts if you purchase multiple pieces from there. They were very helpful and we were happy with our decision. My only complaint is that the tux buttons snapped off a couple of the tuxes after a few hours of wear. My husband couldn't have his coat buttoned during any of the outdoor photos. But other than that, Mia's was great! I'd give them an "A" rating.
  • DandAJonesDandAJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used Carroll from Bridal Extraordinaire for a few different things now. We just were there this past weekend getting my gown! I think they do a great job at sticking to your price point but have always been very helpful! I'd suggest using them any day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards