Oregon
Options

Budget Wedding

I'm in the very early stages of planning my wedding.  Just figuring out flower/cake/ places and what not.  We're on a very tight budget.  We want a bubget wedding that looks expensive.  If we could we'd get married in my groom's back yard (its gorgeous) we would.  But that's a last resort type of thing.  We need a place to have the ceremony as well as reception (I heard it cuts costs).  Does anyone know of a place in the greater Portland, OR area that is beautiful but not insanely expensive?  Any help is great!  Thank you! 

Re: Budget Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Many parks are cheap, and if you find cheap rentals it can be quite cost effective. I know a lot of brides on here recommend mcmenimans pubs, but i personally don't like them.  beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so what kind of wedding are you looking for? outside, water front, barn, vineyard, ball room, etc?How big is the guest list?also check out the budget wedding board for ideas about inexpensive details and cost saving inspirations.
  • Options
    Mrs.FelicityMrs.Felicity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is "budget" to you?  Under $5k?  Under $10k?  How many people are you inviting?Portland Parks has some lovely locations, like Mt. Tabor, where you could do ceremony & reception.Leach Botanical Gardens has a beautiful house & patio and is really reasonable (that's where we had ours in 2007).  But their limit is I think 85 people.Hoyt Arboretum also has some nice outdoor areas, with covered picnic areas in case of rain, and they're well priced and can accommodate a larger number.If you're willing to go outside Portland a bit, Settlemier House in Woodburn (30 minutes south) is really pretty and well priced too.Honestly, the best way to keep your wedding budget down is to keep the guest list down.  We did a great wedding at Leach Botanical for 60 guests, with four course plated meal, beer & wine, etc for under $10k.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We held ours at McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse for under $5000 for everything (venue, food, flowers, attire, photography, rentals... everything!).  We did as much DIY as we could (iPod instead of DJ, friend as videographer, swapped my flower skills for photography with another knottie) and I got lots of great ideas from folks here.  Picking a non-Saturday date can help cut costs, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try out the Robert Newell house in Champoeg Oregon,(byWilsonville) or log house gardens in Keizer oregon, or the Ainsworth house in Oregon city. all good outdoor venues and reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at McMenamins Grand Lodge which has some great outdoor options with the fancy tent set-up if you want something that 'looks expensive'.We are doing our indoors/outdoors and I think we will be under 10k for everything.
  • Options
    jpink2jpink2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How big is your guest list?  We are getting married at the Sparrow Ballroom with a guest list of 110.  The ceremony and reception will be held in the same room, with a changevoer that the staff will be taking care of.  It looks like we will be around $7-$7.5K for the entire wedding, includiing rental, caterer, severs,  alcohol, flowers, cake, DJ, photography, etc.  It can be done. 
  • Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Horning's Hideout is beautiful !
    Photobucket
  • Options
    FunstenFunsten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jpink2- We are getting married at the Sparrow Ballroom too! Our date is Aug. 21st 2010. Have you already had your wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards