Kentucky

Best place in Lexington??

What is the best place in Lexington to have a wedding reception?

Re: Best place in Lexington??

• edited December 2011
    Is there a budget? That makes a huge difference in location.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For how many people?  What style?  With alcohol or without? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Don't know what your budget is or any other specs, but Spindletop Country Club is FABULOUS! And so is that place they have on the property of Griffin Gate resort....can't remember the name.... but it is an old antibellum home with big white columns.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The food at Spindletop comes and goes.  And, you have to be a member or be sponsored by one, I believe.  I've been to tons of stuff out there, and had some great experiences and some not-so-great ones.  It REALLY depends on who's running the kitchen.  Clairee, I think it's just "the Mansion" at Griffen Gate.  I can't find anything on the web either way, but I think that's it.  I haven't been there in a LONG time.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • PoppPopp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Mansion is waaay expensive, and the service is spotty. I've known several people to have weddings there and not be happy. Spindletop is awesome. It was formerly for UK Alumni only, but I think it's open to the public now. If you have a UK connection, check out the new Hillary Boone center. I went to a luncheon there and the food is really, really good. For a small wedding, the Bodley-Bullock House and the Bell House are fabulous. Talon gets points for being pretty, but it's an outrageous price to rent a barn.
  • edited December 2011
    My sister had her reception at Keeneland and it was gorgeous!
  • jennandbradjennandbrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at the Headley-Whitney and loved it. The setting was gorgeous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards