Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Cupcakes

We are having a destination wedding and a party when we return to celebrate with local friends.  Rather than a traditional wedding cake, we are thinking about cupcakes on a tiered stand.  Does anyone have recommendations for a bakery to do this?

Re: Cupcakes

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Carefree Patisserie, they have over 101 flavor combos, and they always are fresh!

http://acarefreecupcake.com/

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    Zippy88kZippy88k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you are doing a "non-traditional" wedding reception ... you may want to look at sheet cakes?  Indulgent Moments is in Altoona (or Pleasant Hill -- I can't remember) and I got my FI a birthday cake from there once.  They use real strawberries in the "center" and it was YUMMY!  I've also heard Lovejoy's is good too.  Although, maybe they do cupcakes?  Might be worth looking into!

Also, maybe you could serve some wine at your reception that was brought back from where you are getting married at?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with MCsweets!  Highly recommend both Indulgent Moments and Lovejoys.  They are both awesome. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i LOOOOVE carefree patisserie!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a lady who has a company and I'm pretty sure it's called Goodest Cupcakes. Her cupcakes are AMAZING!! She used to work with me and she would bring them in sometimes and it was just honestly the highlight of the day if she did. She's based out of Pella though. Her website is www.goodestcupcakes.com
    I'd highly suggest at least checking it out - seriously, her cupcakes are amazing! My fave was the Oreo and Lemon. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We did a little 2 layer cake and cupcakes...4 different flavors. I grew up with Lovejoys cakes...but Cake Me, I'm Yours is the best cake I've EVER ate. They are outside of Perry, but they deliver!

• Options
    djsupermikedjsupermike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakesmith. www.cakesmith.us
    She did Coleen Kelly's wedding cake, she is the mornign DJ from Star 102.5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards