Arizona-Phoenix

RSVP and postage fees

So i'm getting ready to send out the invitations and I know it's going to cost me 65 for the postage on the outer envelope because I had it weighed. But the place where I had it weighed, said my pre paid postage rsvp envelopes which weighs next to nothing cost 65 as well! Are you kidding me? 1.30 each in postage fees? The has station postal service says it's because the rsvp are smaller than the letter normal size envelope. grrr. I remember getting invitation for birthday parties and it was stamped with a regular stamp and smaller than the letter size envelope.

Re: RSVP and postage fees

• That should be the standard postage....

My invites were 65 cents and the other ones were like 45 cents or so... whatever the never changing ones are. Make sure you get pretty stamps! My invite ones were little wedding cakes and the RSVP ones were white roses. really pretty.

Anyway, hope that helps.
    Anniversary
  • We had to put higher postage on our RSVPs as well. 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Thanks. I was expecting the 65 cents stamp and the standard stamp, but did not agree with the gas station authorized postal service on paying 65 cents for the rsvp too. I am going to the post office to double check. I don't care formal or not, if it isn't the case my guests better rsvp on my website lol.
  • edited July 2012
    Please let us know what happens at the post office, although it wouldn't surprise me that the Feds are trying to charge for everything!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_rsvp-and-postage-fees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:cfeaf74e-75d9-4a60-868a-1e3f4ade6e0cPost:9e9809c4-6e51-4117-aa50-6d7d4ffd6180">Re:RSVP and postage fees</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please let us know what happens at the post office, although it wouldn't surprise me that the Feds are trying to charge for everything!
    Posted by tammyyq[/QUOTE]

Hi Folks,I just wanted to relay that my postage on my invitations I used was the $0.65 wedding cake and on my rsvp I used the forever stamp white roses. I just got my first rsvp today therefore, I did not use another 0.65 stamp (thank God) :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards