Catholic Weddings

What time to arrive at the Church?

Girls, maybe you can help me. I'm in the process of booking a limo company, but I don't know what time my fiance and I need to arrive at the church. We will be at seperate locations in the same town as the church. What time does he and his groomsmen ned to be there, and what time do I and my bridesmaids need to be there for a 1 o'clock ceremony.

Re: What time to arrive at the Church?

• DaisyDollyDaisyDolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a worrier, so I'd say 12, no later than 12:15.  Remember Murphy's Law:  Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're having your groomsmen also act as ushers you might want to have them arrive around 12:00 to help guests be seated.  You and the girls could aim for 12:30.
  • bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you care if people see you before you walk down the aisle? Then you need to be there by 12. After that, guests will start arriving and you will run into them inevitably. Otherwise, no one needs to be there until 12:30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ask the priest.  ours has specific rules about who shows up when - for our 3pm wedding the guys arrive at 2:30 and the girls arrive at 2:45.  since there is nowhere to get dressed or wait we have to hang out at the hotel till its time to go over...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our videographer requested an hour to set up, so H and GMs arrived an hour early to meet them. I arrived about 20 mins before the start time, though for the most part, I waited in the car while our guests were making their way into the church. Check with:- your priest or church coordinator to see if there are any weddings BEFORE yours that would limit when you're allowed to arrive- any vendors who will be at the church or need access (photographer, videographer, florist, musicians) to see if they have any specific requirements
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    We arrived 30 minutes before. Guests were not allowed in (church rules...they have 4 weddings a day) until 20 minutes before.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I've never known any bride to be at the church more than 15m before. It all depends on travel time in my opinion. Our ceremony is at 2:30 and it will take about 15-20m to drive from where I'm getting ready to the church. The limo will be at the guys house for 1pm, drop them near the church where our second photographer will take some pictures and then they will walk to the church. The limo will then drive to pick me up.
  • edited December 2011
    ask the priest. ours has specific rules about who shows up when - for our 3pm wedding the guys arrive at 2:30 and the girls arrive at 2:45. Ditto for us.  I got there at 2:45 for my 3:00 wedding. I also liked it because I wasn't sitting around just waiting.  I hate waiting.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM should be there 45-60 minutes early to greet guests, usher, make sure everything is okay.  YOU should be there whenever you need to be there to have the music start at 1pm and wedding party walks down the aisle.  starting late sucks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards