North Carolina

Winston Salem venues

We really would like to hold our ceremony and reception in Winston Salem since that's where we met. It could just be me and my novice search skills, but I'm having trouble finding locations that aren't expensive (also not at a regular-ish hotel, B&Bs and historic locations are ok).

Any suggestions would be great. We don't have a real theme yet, but we do want the ceremony outside.

Key information, though, is that we aren't looking to hold the ceremony in a church.

Re: Winston Salem venues

• Hello, Have you looked at Tanglewood. Its close to Winston Salem but that have a beautiful garden that is behind the (bed and Breakfast) I think that is what it is. You should just go and do a walk through. The online pics do not do this place justice! I also looking for a place but we are going to have our wedding in Ohio. If you want some Magazines, I have 15 different ones that I looked through and tore out a few pages through some but this might help you as well. I do have one for NC locations. Message me if interested:)

Cathy

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_winston-salem-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:e06694fd-d7d0-4bb9-bf3e-ed6a64600818Post:0e0d8ed5-aca4-4b9c-8ca2-2cad800f6549">Winston Salem venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]We really would like to hold our ceremony and reception in Winston Salem since that's where we met. It could just be me and my novice search skills, but I'm having trouble finding locations that aren't expensive (also not at a regular-ish hotel, B&Bs and historic locations are ok). Any suggestions would be great. We don't have a real theme yet, but we do want the ceremony outside. Key information, though, is that we aren't looking to hold the ceremony in a church.
    Posted by errobins1[/QUOTE]
  • There is the new place downtown on 5th Street that I've heard isn't too expensive, but I can't remember what it's called.

Do you want to stay in the Winston Salem or just close to the area?
  • http://www.rhodesartscenter.org/rental/
    Hanes brand theater is cost effective and different.
  • We'd prefer Winston, but close by is ok. It just depends on how far.
  • Actually after I posted this I remembered Tanglewood. We will be visiting the area soon enough and plan to go by and see it. Thanks for the info! And if I lived in the area I'd definitely want those magazines
  • Thanks! I'll look into it
  • Tanglewood books early.

Bethabara park would be beautiful, I lived in the park for a while. Pilot Mountain B&B has a nice outdoor set up, they're about 35 minutes north of Winston Salem.

Look in Pilot Mountain, King, Rural Hall, Pinnacle, Mount Airy, Clemmons, Kernersville, and Lexington. I think that pretty well covers the little towns around here.

• Childress Vineyards has a nice location available for weddings but I think they are a tad on the pricey side. Also not sure how big this will be but JH Adams Inn, Castle McCulluch is in Jamestown about 20 minutes from Winston-Salem. Grayln Estate is another option.

Im looking for a place to have a small wedding as well in Winston-Salem, there are not a whole lot of options thats for sure!
  • I would have thought Graylyn would be expensive.

Castle McCulluch is a very nice venue.

Doesn't Ragapple Lassie Vineyards also have a nice venue?
  • I am having my reception at the Milton Rhodes Art center in Winston, NC. Check it out!
  • Millineum Center of West 5th Street is nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards