Maryland

Looking for vendors: Tent/supply rental, DJ, & caterer

Hi all,I'm looking for vendor recommendations for a wedding on my parent's farm around Mt. Airy, MD. 1. DJ - Was originally thinking of just doing an iPOD because we are on a serious budget but I've heard lots of warnings against it, and hadn't really figured out how to do announcements and such. Would prefer someone who knows country/classic rock. We will want a little bit of more popular music but most of the crowd prefers country and rock.2. Rental - looking for everything, tents, tables, chairs, linens, dishes and silverware if not provided by caterer.3. Food - have found a few websites based on knottie recommendations but have not seen much I like. The wedding will be in October so we're really looking for comfort-type food, eg. hearty soups, fall salad, roast pork or pork chops or pot roast, baked ham, turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with pecans, baked mac-n-cheese, you get the idea!Thanks!

Re: Looking for vendors: Tent/supply rental, DJ, & caterer

• edited December 2011
    I can only give suggestions for #3:My caterer is Gourmet Catering with Paula and she starts at $40 per person, located in Frederick. Other caterers that I looked at and were tasty (and less expensive) were:Dimensions CateringandLeiter's Cateringboth in Hagerstown. A cool caterer but way out of my price range (starting at $65 per person) is Veggie Annie in West Virginia. I've also heard good things about Lohr's Catering in Frederick, and they are likely to have the kind of food you're looking for.Google these names for more info- good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards