Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Lazy Wedding Poll

1. What's your wedding date?2. Any special reason why you picked it?3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home?4. Is(was) it big or small? Why?5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing?6. Are you happy with the plans? 7. Anything bugging you right now?

Re: Lazy Wedding Poll

• Options
    I'm so lazy I haven't planned anything, I might not even be able to stick with the date I have. I need to do something about this...
  • Options
    Why not!? Today is the pits.3/13/10No special reasonNot having a DWIt will be mediumNo our plans have always been the sameVERY happy with the plansNot having a photog is bugging me right now
  • Options
    1. February 27th, 2010. 2. Yeah timing wise. It's right after the holidays (so FI's worst part of work is done) and before spring break so we won't have to deal with lots of vacationers. The date itself is totally random though. 3. Very much a destination wedding. 4. It is extremely small because we wanted it that way. 5. Nope. 6. VERY. 7. Nope. I do wish we had a shorter engagement though. I'm ready to be married now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    June 27th 2010I wanted a few weeks after I graduate grad school and I grad may 22. and sundays are much cheaper than saturdaysat home135 people invited, because its everyone important to us. I wished for a DW or or a tiny ceremony on the beach but that didnt happenI was positive I would have a huge gown with pick ups. nope didn't happenyeahwe wanted to invite 100 and now we are at 135... and our parents still want us to invite people i've met once. nooo thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Today *is* the pits, Vally. Hence the silly wedding poll.
  • Options
    1. March 20, 20102. It is the end of my mom's spring break so she'll be able to fly out the week beforehand.3. Wedding pretty close to home although it is turning into kind of a DW for many of our guests.4. Big, we have huge families.5. Unless we scrap everything and go to Vegas like we've been joking about doing, nope, it is pretty much how we've been planning it from the start.6. For the most part.  I think it will end up turning out great.7. FI is out of town and I am itching to do wedding stuff but need his input on most of it so I'm in a holding pattern for the week which is bugging me.
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date?  October 2, 20092. Any special reason why you picked it?  We put all the possible September and October dates in a hat and pulled out the 2nd. 3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home? Wedding where we live (NYC)4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? Small -- 21 people + me and DH.  In order to have a nice wedding in NYC without having to save forever, we needed to do something small.  It also helped in having clear deliniations on who was and wasn't invited.  No long deliberations about co-workers or cousins! 5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing? We went through a million plans before settling on what we did.  For awhile we thought about getting married in Austin or Santa Fe, then we were going to get married in Central Park and have a picnic.  There were lots of possible weddings. 6. Are you happy with the plans?  Our wedding was awesome.  I'm SO happy we ended up doing it the way we did.7. Anything bugging you right now?  Work and lack of good sleep.
  • Options
    1. March 28, 2009 2. It was the 365th day of the year in which we met (we met March 29, 2008). 3. About 40 minutes from home, which in NJ is local. 4. 100 people - our venue minimum, which happened to be how many said "yes." 5. We pretty much stuck with our general plans. Initially I expected it to be more simple, but we ended up a little more formal. 6. Absolutely! 7. About the wedding? Nope. In general? One of our cats didn't let me finish cutting his nails last night and I'm trying to figure out how to ambush him and get them done.
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date?  December 19, 20092. Any special reason why you picked it?  It was one of the very few Saturdays that worked for us in the near future.3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home?  Wedding in the town we live in now, neither family lives here though4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? Big-ish, I guess.  We're expecting between 150-2005. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing?  I wanted a DW, but FI really wanted to big wedding, and it was more important to him, so here I am.6. Are you happy with the plans?  Yeah, I am. Sometimes it's a PITA, but I'm getting pretty excited about the wedding.7. Anything bugging you right now? I really want a milkshake, and I don't think I'm going to have time between work and class to get one, unless I skip out early and hope the boss doesn't find out.
  • Options
    1. 9/25/092. An aunt was going to be in Hawaii that weekend for a business conference, otherwise no special reason.3. DW4. I'd like for big, but it will probably be small.5. Originally planned on a local MN wedding, 200 guests or so.  Things happened, and we decided to do Hawaii, and whoever can get there is welcome to be there.6. For the most part, yes, though I wish more people would be able to come.7. Not in particular.
  • Options
    January 17I don't have school in January, plus it's Sunday of MLK weekend. Easy travel.It's at our alma mater. It's not exactly a DW, but not really convenient for anyone either (can you tell I'm regretting this?)On the small side, because of ceremony venue size and budget.Nope.Meh. I kind of wish we'd done things differently, but it'll be fun anyway.I'm stuck on half a dozen projects right now. FBIL is a graphic design student, and has flaked out on some stuff he agreed to help with. I totally understand, but I want to get on with things--I've been wanting to just hire someone from etsy to make a monogram, and move along with designing table numbers, programs, menus, etc. Any time I try to forge ahead on my own, FI chimes in "why don't we ask FBIL for help with this?" Because we won't get it, FI. That's why.
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date?  October 9, 2010.  Yes, my SN is terribly non creative.2. Any special reason why you picked it?  Hoping for some good fall colors.  NO it's NOT because 10/9/10 is cute.  Vom.3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home?  Ugh.  Home.  But if we did it my way, it'd be a DW.4. Is(was) it big or small? Why?  Medium (100-125ish hopefully).  Because FI has a ton ton ton of family.5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing?  6. Are you happy with the plans? Yeah, I guess I've mostly gotten over wanting a DW.  I do like the way things are coming together now.7. Anything bugging you right now?I just am tired of planning.  And we still have about 90% to plan.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    A. October 23, 2009B. We like the fall, and it was one of the few weekend dates that didn't already have someone's bday, anniversary, halloween, etc. occupying it.C. Semi-DW - 2 hours north of our home, travel for everyone varied from a 1-2 hour drive to a cross-country flight.D. I would say small-ish - we had just over 50 guests (but invited 120) - I was shooting for 80 but what we had was perfect.E. Not really - ceremony had to be moved indoors because of rain, but that's it.F. Everything worked out wonderfully.G. The amount of work I have when all I can think about is the HM starting next Friday. Also I want a new job but I have no idea what I want to do.
  • Options
    1.   Sept 6, 20082. nope.  We wanted a Sept wedding because I have the whole month off and DH can get a lot of time off also.  The venue was available that date and the next weekend.  We choose the first weekend to give us more of the month for the honeymoon.3. Sort of DW.  It was a plane ride away for us and 2.5-3.5 hours from most of our guests.4. Mid... We had 136 guests attended.  Both of us are from families who have large families.  We both wanted the same.5. Sort of. I wanted a beach wedding in St Thomas/St John.  Ended up in NJ because it was easier for our families.  Oh and weather forced us off the beach.6. Except the rain, yep7. Well,  I stubbed my toe and it's really hurts.  Oh wait, wedding related. Nope, it was pretty smooth sailing.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    1) 01/01/10 2) It's New Year's Day ... FI and I liked the symbolism (And that it looks "binary-ish") 3)At home wedding 4) 100 guests ... we only invited immediate familiy and very close friends/friends of the families 5) I may have liked to have been able to be a little more liberal with the guest list (Though we did get to invite all of our "MUST" list, so that's a win), but otherwise we're getting exactly what we both wanted. 6) I'm very happy (Albeit pressed for time) ... I'm hoping I'm still this happy about it in another month and a 1/2, lol 7) I'm terrified that somehow, something will go wrong and one of the main vendors (Venue/DJ/Photog) will "forget" that they're doing our wedding or something ... I'm sure that's just insane paranoia, though.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date? 11.22.08 (VR 10.24.09)2. Any special reason why you picked it? We looked at each other & said "wanna get hitched this weekend?" and we did. (VR - our moms asked for it to be before Thanskgiving so we picked a date.)3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home? The wedding was local, as was the vow renewal.4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? Wedding was small - just us & the JOP. Vow renewal was small with 52 people total. We thought we wanted some huge big bash but it turned out the smaller, more intimate party was the way to go.5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing? Yes! We were going to have a DW at the beach but due to J's surgeries, he was unable to travel. We moved it from my hometown to where we live now.6. Are you happy with the plans? Very much so7. Anything bugging you right now? Just tomorrow and court. I'm eager to see how things turn out. And I hope it's in our favor.
  • Options
    1) Next October2) We both have family coming over from England so we wanted the fall colors. 3) Wedding is a few towns over at the bottom of Mt Monadnock.4) 100 or less5) So far it is going to plan but I know things will pop up.6) I'm happy with it so far, locked down the major stuff now.7) Nothing right now but like I said, I am sure there will be things that bug me.
  • Options
    I'm terrified that somehow, something will go wrong and one of the main vendors (Venue/DJ/Photog) will "forget" that they're doing our wedding or something ... I'm sure that's just insane paranoia, though.Haha, Meg, I have this fear too.  I'm trying to force myself to hold off on checking in with any of them until mid-January though.
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date?  May 8, 20102. Any special reason why you picked it?  Travel costs & hotel rooms were more affordable than our preferred April date (due to horse races & other equestrian events in Kentucky).3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home?  In my hometown.4. Is(was) it big or small? Why?  120 or so - because that's how many people we like enough to invite.5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing?  I really wanted a vineyard, but the options in KY were limited.  Price was an issue with most, and the ridiculous windy road to get to another closed that possibility.6. Are you happy with the plans?   I have no idea.  So many compromises, and I'm not really even sure what I want anymore.  I'm sure it will be wonderful, but I wish I could get some distance from the planning to re-evaluate.  We're at less than 6 months out, though, so I better do it fast.7. Anything bugging you right now?  My job irritates me most days, but today's a holiday, so I'm at home & very happy about that.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Date? - 8-22-09Special reason? - Both venues were available.  :-)DW? - No, in the town we both grew up inBig or small - Big.  But does size really matter anyway?  ;-)Planned for something different? - We talked about a lot of options, including having a very casual, picnic-in-the-park wedding.  But we ended up with more of a semi-formal, white wedding, but in very awesome venues that made it pretty unique IMNSHO.  Happy? - YES!  Everything turned out beautifully, and perfectly! 
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date?11th Feb 20122. Any special reason why you picked it?I want a summer wedding, and in our mushy, just engaged state we wanted a date close to valentines day3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home?No, I wish. Eloping is more my style4. Is(was) it big or small? Why?It will be 100 people5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing?I'm planning the big one hoping he will want to elope6. Are you happy with the plans? Nopes7. Anything bugging you right now?No
  • Options
    1. September 26, 20092.  a) it was a Saturday; b) it was right about the "anniversary" of the time we met; c) it was 2 days after DH's birthday - I'd read somewhere it was considered good luck to get married the week of the groom's birthday. I figured it would mean he'd be less likely to forget the anniversary date. As an aside: his is the 24th, my bday is 2/25, and now our anniversary is 9/26 :)3. DW - Las Vegas!!4. Small; we sent out about 32 invitations (would have been about 58 people); we had 20 come.  It allowed us (my parents) to take everyone to dinner after the cake and punch reception and was really, really nice.5. No - well, it ended up nicer than when we started.6. Ecstatic, but I missed some of my dear friends there! I also wished we'd had another day or so in Las Vegas.7. I want a new damn bed.  And we need about 500 more square feet in our house!! :)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    1. 8/28/102. We picked it because it was after school starts but before football season starts, so campus will be busy but not packed full3. I guess it's considered a DW - because when you think destination wedding, you think central PA!  It was B's idea to get married where we met so there you go.4. Well the chapel only holds 125 people so that's how many people we can invite.  5. So far we haven't drastically changed anything.6. I am SO happy.  I just started putting my bio together and realized how much I like what it's looking like so far!7. I wish I could do more now.  I have so many ideas but it's silly to start making stuff, so I am just collecting more and more ideas.  Oh, and the fact that I don't have an officiant.
  • Options
    Megk, it makes me happy that you point out the binary nature of your date.  That's my kind of nerdiness.  ;-) 
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date? 10/17/092. Any special reason why you picked it? We wanted 10/24 (one year from engagement) but it was the Fall Festival weekend so the Church bumped us back a week.3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home? At home4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? 112 ppl.  It was perfect.5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing? Nope.  We did exactly what we wanted.6. Are you happy with the plans?  Very happy!7. Anything bugging you right now?  Not at the moment...
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date? May 29, 2010 - Memorial Day weekend 2. Any special reason why you picked it? My FI is in the military and we knew it'd be more likely for him to have time off for that weekend since its a federal holiday. Soo romantic. LOL 3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home? DW at home! We live in Charleston, SC but my hometown is in Michigan where we decided to have it. 4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? Small - a lot of his family and my dad's whole side of the family won't be able to make it since his family's all from SC and my dad's family is from WA. 5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing? Yes. I wanted to do a verrry small ceremony with mainly just my fam. at Christmas, and then do a reception back here to keep costs down. But now were doing everything up in MI and doing a traditional wedding in the spring obviously and during the day to save $. 6. Are you happy with the plans? Sure am - because no matter what happens, I'm getting to marry my man! :) 7. Anything bugging you right now? I have no patience. May is soo far away. LOL
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date? May 23, 2008.2. Any special reason why you picked it? Because it was open?3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home? It was in my hometown.4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? Small ceremony, big reception. Because.5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing? Negatory, good buddy.6. Are you happy with the plans? Absolutely.7. Anything bugging you right now? Ive worked too much today, and still have a group to run. Blach.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date? Februray 20, 20102. Any special reason why you picked it? Why not...who else is crazy enough to get married in Februray in Chicago?!  And we couldn't get married in the fall because of football.3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home? Home4. Is(was) it big or small? Why? Big (242) b/c of FI's family5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing? Nope (other than the larger guest list)6. Are you happy with the plans? Definitely!7. Anything bugging you right now? Planning the rehearsal dinner - I.hate.it.
  • Options
    Kati, I really think a big part of this was because everything up to this point has just "fallen into place nicely" or just "happened to work out", so it's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. We walked into our venue 5 months before our date and pretty much sat down and said "We want to get married, we have deposit money, what's the earliest date in 2010 you have" (We'd been engaged over a year at that point, we pretty much were just waiting to be able to "afford" the wedding). The first day of the year was open. Seemed early enough to us, but oh no! How are we going to get a DJ and Photog on such short notice? Then the venue was like "Hey, we have this package, for an extra $30 a head we will INCLUDE your DJ and Photog services!". We did math (Like IN the venue's office in front of the guy responsible for bookings we're whipping out calculators) and it's like "Omg, this works out to be about what we were looking to spend ANYWAY and now we don't need to shop around!". I bought my wedding dress and picked BM dresses the very next day. Of course everything was on sale. A month or so later, we start saying "We really need to find a florist". The next day I bump into FI's cousin (Who used to own a flower shop), and he offered to do the flowers for us before I could even ask. The week after that we said "We need to find an officiant". The very same day, while FI was at work (He works at a bank), one of his customers mentioned off the cuff to one of FI's coworkers that he performs wedding ceremonies. You see where this is going. So since we just keep stumbling into things nicely, it's getting really scary that it's all going to fall apart at the last minute because I wasn't a micromanaging weirdo from day 1. Lol. I know I'm insane.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    1. What's your wedding date?[b]September 6, 2009[/b] 2. Any special reason why you picked it?[b]Our wedding party was all military except 1... it was really hard to pick a date that worked for everyone. We ended up with the Sunday before Labor Day and it worked out great![/b] 3. Are(Did) you having a DW or a wedding at home?[b]In Eau Claire, WI... which was the big town between our home towns... my mom also currently lives in EC[/b] 4. Is(was) it big or small? Why?[b]around 200 came... which is exactly what we budgeted for[/b] 5. Did you plan for something different versus what you will (did) end up doing?[b]exactly what we planned is what we did[/b] 6. Are you happy with the plans? [b]kind of let down by our reception venue, but everything really did turn out great[/b] 7. Anything bugging you right now? [b]... just sad about H and the PTSD thing :( [/b]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards