Delaware
Options

Wedding photos for Christmas Cards?

As many of you know DH and I were married in May. I want to do nice Christmas cards this year being our first married christmas, but don't want it to look like I am shoving HEY WE'RE MARRIED in their faces either. So my question is do you think receiving photo christmas cards with a nice wedding picture is tacky?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding photos for Christmas Cards?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question - I was kind of considering it as well...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally think it's a really cute and sentimental idea.  I would include my dog(s) to make it more "family-ish", but that's just me :)  And I don't think it's HEY LOOK AT US NEWLYWEDS at all, more of a statement of your new family and life together.  FI and I will be doing it for our first Christmas :)
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My opinion is you paid enough money for those photos, use them for alllll they are worth!And no, I don't think it's tacky...I think it's cute :)  If you are concerned about it though, another idea I have seen done is a collage of photos from the year...a wedding photo, a pet photo, an ultrasound photo...things that were big in your life this year.  That way, you include the photo, but it's not in your face, per se.
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the multi-photo idea. :) THANKS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could do a regular Christmas card and just insert the picture in the card with a message like, "hey, we got married this past spring and finally got our pictures back and are so excited to share them with you." That way, the gesture is still Christmas-y but you can send your pic along too. Plus, you can pick and choose who you want to share the pictures with... family, friends yes... boss, mail man, no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing this too.  I like when I get xmas cards with pictures either on them or in them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going to do the same thing Jackie...use one of our wedding photos on our Xmas card, and a pic of our puppy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards