Wisconsin

Vendor Reviews 10-31-09 (long)

Here's reviews for our Halloween wedding.... for the most part we were thrilled with everyone we used! Everything was truly perfect....Details below. Dress: Gigi's. Selection/Sales Staff: A++ Alterations: B. The dress ended up perfect, but there was definately some tough moments... and needed a stern-hand. But owner (Bev) got involved, and everything worked out in the end Hair: Neroli Brookfield: A++ All 9 girls loved their hair. No last minute fixes. Looked great. Very easy to work with during scheduling and during the day. Make-Up: Theresa Balistreri A++ Theresa is "my families" Bobbi Brown make-up artist. Fantastic, natural looking, but still with enough color for pictures. Flawless as always! Church: Gesu: A Reception Hall: Pfister A Everything was so easy the entire time. Very organized the entire time. From booking to menus, to day of organization, I always knew what to expect. Kristopher was our event coordinator at the Pfister, and had everything run seamlessly. Only minor complaint... dinner seemed to drag a bit long. But only a minor detail Band: Final Say; A++++++! These guys were fantastic. Dance floor was packed the entire time, and always had the energy flowing. Great entertainers for the "non-dancing" crowd too. Would wholeheartedly recommend them. Videographer: Frogman Productions: A+ Philip is a little quirky, but does beautiful work. Love his same-day edits. Can't wait for the full video Photographer: Expressive Photography; Caitlyn Jeffrey and Stacey Kremel: A+ These girls are like ninjas. You rarely see them, but they catch all the right moments. Have only seen a handful of images so far, but they are stunning! Flowers: Mayflowers: A++ Gail May is a neighbor of ours, and her work is beautiful. The flowers were gorgeous! More that I could have dreamt for. Centerpieces were stunning, and she really has an eye for what works! Favors: Just 4 U Party Favors; A++ Offered tons of ideas, so many options it was hard to choose. Great service, and beautiful presentation (gold boxes tied with blue ribbon, filled with candy corn and vampire teeth) Photobooth: Beyond the Booth: A+++ Hilarious! As packed as the dance floor all night. We've looked at the pictures a bagillion times, and keep laughing. (We brought wigs, hats, etc since we didn't do a "costume" wedding) Tuxes: Harleys; A Great customer service, quick alterations. There is always "wrong" sizing for some guys (especially those who called in measurements), but everything worked out great Hotel blocks: Pfister= A+, Courtyard Marriott Downtown=D. Again, the Pfister delivered great customer service. Easy booking, kept track of all guests, hotel rooms were beautiful. Honored a lower-rate found online for all guests. Marriott was terrible. Their "system" is unable to track guest who don't book with the guaranteed hotel rate. So, if your guests find lower rates online, they do not honor the lower price for the guests in the hotel room block. Nor, will they keep track of who booked with you for guest bags. Very unsatisfying. Guests said rooms were clean, and nice. Trolley: Spring City Trolley: A Prompt service, clean trolley, friendly driver. I'm sure I forgot something, but will post again if I think of anything critical!

Re: Vendor Reviews 10-31-09 (long)

• BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! This helps a lot!Who did your cake? :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reminder... knew I was forgetting something! Our cake was by the Cake Lady (Karen Smith). A+. Karen was my favorite vendor to work with during the planning process. She's on top of her game, and makes phenomenal cakes (both for the tasting and the real deal). Definately not dry at all (to address a previous post). Definately worth paying for a tasting with her (that was an inital turn off for me... but don't give in to that thought)! Outstanding day of!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards