New York-Long Island

Need help finding a venue for NYE wedding 2013??????

Hi, Well here it goes, I need help finding a venue for my wedding which will be Dec. 31, 2013 which is a tue. I will have alot of out of town guests so I plan to have a weekendwhich will actually be from sun. Night to wed. filled with activities. I would like a venue that has accomodations in a area that has lots of winter activities....., I live in NYC but I have narrowed the search down to Poconos, PA and Somewhere in New Jersey..... I'm still open to NY venues but it seems like no luck because of my date....... As of right now my guest list is at 250 and we are still adding..... Pleaseeeeeeeeee any information, opinions, and ideas you may have please feel free to share..... I really just need help with venue suggestions as of the moment..... Thanks in advance!!

Re: Need help finding a venue for NYE wedding 2013??????

• the sagamore on lake george. dh and i looked at it for our wedding but decided it was too far for us. might be ok for you.

but a word of warning-weather screws things up majorly in the winter. what will you do if thre's a blizzard?

also providing a list of activities is great-but forced guest participation isn't-just saying :) not sure if that's what you meant or not.

• maybe the Otesaga in Cooperstown? I agree with the above poster... blizzards could screw up your plans big time. NYE no offense is a bad night for a wedding.  

Good luck on your search though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • About the blizzard thing that's why I'm more looking at the poconos because it always snow there and I'm sure it doesn't shut down because of it..... I cant lie I have worried about the weather but here in ny the new years eve ball drop will go on no matter what the weather is and that's why I'm still keeping the city venues as an option.....
  • I think you need to do what u want of course but take into consideration your guests as well. Chances are no one is going to want to drive many hours in a blizzard to attend your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well the real question is where are most of your guests located? If they are predinantly in New York then it would make more sense to stay in NY Hire a wedding planner. Especially since you are doing a new years eve wedding. They can find you a great venue right here in NY. I honestly thought my wedding was going to be in my backyard because I couldn't find a decent place for my 175 guests with a budget of a little less than 15k and she has me in a gorgeous venue with a an amazing cocktail hour and a three course dinner with drinks and OH OH the wedding dress of my dreams! I really have to hand it to ElitebEvents. They really saved my wedding! I would deff recommend them for any bride. But whether ElitebEvents or not you should deff hire a wedding planner. Especially since the clock is ticking and you have yet to find a venue! Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards