Christian Weddings

Coming up on the Weekend!

Hey ladies!

What's going on for you this weekend?  Doesn't have to be a prayer/praise thing, just thought maybe you could share your lives so those of us without lives can live vicariously through you...

Seriously though.  Saturday I'm booked all day with a rehearsal, giving piano lesson and voice lesson, and THEN hopefully I'll get to see the FI!  Sunday is a LOOONG day of church.  We're voting as a congregation on our new pastor, and then having the announcement at Sunday evening service, and I sing with the choir, so we'll be very busy.  Almost like not having a weekend, in a way!  

I might be taking Friday off... :-) 

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Coming up on the Weekend!

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tomorrow night we are going to see Loyola vs. Siena in basketball.  I am a Loyola alum and DH used to live down the street from Siena so we might be cheering for different teams! 

On Saturday I'm going with my mom to the Amish market in the morning.  Then probably I'll clean and then relax for the rest of the day.

On Sunday we are hosting our marriage mentors for dinner and games.  They are such a sweet couple and we rarely see them now so it will be nice to catch up with them.

• edited December 2011
    Wow, I love the weekend you have planned, iamjoesgurl!  It's nice to go back to cheer as an alumnae!  :-) I am a UNC alumnae and I had the chance to go to a game on January 2nd with my dad.  It was special.  Oh, and I was in the band when I was a student, so it was pretty cool to see the game from outside the band perspective too!! :-) 
  • edited December 2011
    I'll probably be working on some DIY projects for the wedding and trying to finalize my cake design.  I need to start scheduling appointments for cake tastings!  I'll also be exercising, spending time with FI, and going to church.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011

Friday (tomorrow) I will be going to the gym, studying, and joining FI at a small group he hosts for the seniors in an apartment building next to our church. Saturday I will be studying all day, then attending a small group FI is also hosting for the young adults (series called "Does God Exist", excellent!). Sunday morning church and studying all day. I am writing my Canadian Nursing boards on Feb 2nd, hence all the studying for the weekend :( Please pray I pass :) Next weekend will be more interesting, it is my 22nd birthday :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_coming-up-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2b3a9861-1def-4267-9984-8317eaae6f97Post:516b11ee-3b81-4602-9d7f-5d774b177601">Re: Coming up on the Weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll probably be working on some DIY projects for the wedding and trying to finalize my cake design.  I need to start scheduling appointments for cake tastings!  I'll also be exercising, spending time with FI, and going to church.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

<div>I went to a cake tasting last Saturday and LOVED IT.  Plus, we have another cake tasting to go to in a few weeks, so I'm REALLY looking forward to eating more cake!  Oh, and I was worried at first because we went to get my dress fitted on Sunday right after cake tasting and I was like "wow, I hope I fit into it"... and all was well.  It ended up being slightly loose too, which is good.  :-) </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmmmm Amish market...! SO jealous! I grew up in PA and I love love LOVE Amish food and fresh stuff! When I was a freshman in college we went to an Amish homestead as part of my freshmen seminar and they cooked us some of the most amazing food. I love going into Lancaster. My family always goes to Shady Maple, a huge smorgasboard in the middle of Amish country. It is beautiful and the food is just amazing. I am SO hungry right now and thinking of that deliciousness is not helping haha.

This weekend for me...um, yeah, nothing special. I work Saturday and Sunday so...boo. I'm actually opening the store both days so its EARLY days too. Thankfully I get off earlier though too so hopefully FI and I can do something later in the day. My old Bible study is getting together about an hour south of us on Sunday so we may do that, dinner and games, always fun!

OH! And if we go down, I'll get to pick up my wedding shoes from being dyed at David's!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!
  • edited December 2011
    birthday is tomorrow so we are going out to dinner with some friends. i'm so excited.  we are also mailing out the invites tomorrow...YAY!!! saturday is a give away at my church, so I will be busy with that, and sunday we have church and i'll get some stuff ready for school the next week.
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday sellis! 

Tomorrow is a Steelers pep rally at Heinz Field (my team is going to the Superbowl next week, yay!!) 

Saturday, maybe doing something with FI, my MOH and her bf

Sunday, just Bible Study, church and probably relaxing. Maybe wedding stuff. 
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So many people with birthdays this week!  Mine was yesterday, so I'll be going for pizza with a friend and watching favorite TV shows.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, happy birthday ladies!  Mine isn't until April ... Oh well.  My consolation is that even though FI is 7 months older than me, we will both have the same age when we get married... :-)
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This weekend I'm going to try to get ahead on lesson plans and do a few snow dances. :) 
    FI was in town for a few days this week and headed home this morning.  He leaves for Kansas on Monday.  Saying goodbye last night sucked.  His sister is determined to keep me from wallowing, so we're going to a Scentsy Party on Saturday and I'm going to church with them on Sunday.
  • edited December 2011
    OO, Scentsy parties are fun from what I've heard.  I have GOT to get out to one of those sometime soon!!  

BTW, fpaemp... I'm thinking of making a trip up to Thomas Road one sunday just to come and see the church of Liberty U in action.  What can you tell me about service times, etc?  It's not that far for me (maybe 2-3 hours at most) and I've ALWAYS wanted to come, so now is the time!! :-) 
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_coming-up-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2b3a9861-1def-4267-9984-8317eaae6f97Post:f42f52f7-b41b-41f2-82e7-46b5bccf9e20">Re: Coming up on the Weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BTW, fpaemp... I'm thinking of making a trip up to Thomas Road one sunday just to come and see the church of Liberty U in action.  What can you tell me about service times, etc?  It's not that far for me (maybe 2-3 hours at most) and I've ALWAYS wanted to come, so now is the time!! :-) 
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

Liberty's Campus Church starts at 11 AM in the Vines Center (it looks like half an Epcot globe).  About 2,000-6,000 students attend on Sunday mornings. 

Thomas Road's services are at 9:15 AM and 11:00 AM.  The church is on campus, but it's kinda hard to explain where it is if you're not familiar with that part of Lynchburg, so here's their website: <a href="http://www.trbc.org" rel='nofollow'>www.trbc.org</a>

You can also listen to Campus Church services online through our campus radio station: <a href="http://www.thelightonline.com" rel='nofollow'>www.thelightonline.com</a>
    They stream the 11 AM Sunday service and the 7:30 PM Wednesday service.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are going out to dinner tonight (Friday).  It's been a long time since we've had a date night because FI was in Chicago last weekend, and I was in Richmond the weekend before that!

Grocery shopping on Saturday.  FI wants to watch a football game, so I'll probably do my grading during that. 

We recently learned that the church FI grew up in now broadcasts it's services online.  We'll probably watch that in the AM.  Hopefully I'll finish the grading on Saturday, but if I don't, I'll finish Sunday afternoon!
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh this weekend is a doozy for me.  I'm pretty sick right now, and actually took a partial sick day from school (I'm a high school music teacher).  I had to come back to teach band because we had a pep rally at the end of the school day, then the homecoming game that night.  Tomorrow my vocal students have Solo and Ensemble, but every one of them is sick, and I don't know who's singing and who's dropping out.  So I may be at the competition for 1 hour....or up to 8 hours!  I'm going over to my parents afterwards to do some laundry and get some DIY projects done for the wedding.  Sunday I'm supposed to play oboe in both church services, but at the rate I'm going with my sickness, I might not be able to.  About 15% of our student population was sick, and I have some of the same symptoms right now....sigh.....

One of these days I'll be able to catch up on sleep!!  Just not any time soon, lol

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards