Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Cozumel

I posted yesterday about trying to find the perfect honeymoon spot. We found a great hotel (Aura Cozumel Wyndham Grand Bay) in Cozumel that looks perfect for us. Any input on the hotel or Cozumel? Thanks.

Re: Cozumel

• Options
    I love cozumel!! We try to go twice a year. I am not sure about that hotel we normally stay at El Cozumeleno...it isn't super fancy but has good drinks and a great pool and beach
  • Options
    I also love Cozumel.  You cannot go wrong there.  Just don't shop on the days the cruise ships are in, or shop when they are about to leave for the best deals..  Check out snorkling (will see as much as scuba for the most part) Also be sure to take a day and ferry over to Playa del Carmen, you will have a great time!!!  Take advantage of the "local" places and prices.  Great food and drink and the most hospitable people on earth!!!
  • Options
    We are going to Cozumel for our honeymoon in April. We booked our stay with Cozumel Palace. We went through a travel agent, who also informed us that Funjet has the cheapest rates, and if you find anything cheaper they will match.
  • Options
    We went to Riviera Maya, but went to Playa del Carmen for a day.  Never got to take the ferry over to Cozumel, but we got some good info about Cozumel.  Don't shop there-they said the island has like 20 some % sales tax, so go over to Playa for that.  Great deals there!The ferry ride from Playa to Cozumel is 30-40 minutes, plus your shuttle from Cancun airport to Playa is about 40 minutes.  Not horrible (since our resort in Riviera Maya was 1 hour from the airport) but its just a good thing to know first.  Private transfers arent' a bad idea since you might have to stop at other resorts to drop others off first, which just adds to that time.Its so beautiful there and they say Cozumel has the best snorkling!!  If you stay at a Palace resort, you can go to other Palace resorts and use all their facilities as well (Playacar Palace is in Playa del Carmen right where you catch the ferry over).  Can't go wrong with the area for sure!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We stayed at Aventura Spa Palace in Playa del Carmen and took the resort shuttle to downtown Playa del Carmen then ferry over to Cozumel and it was a blast!  I had the best margarita I've ever had in my life at a little stand there (asked for extra tequila 2 kill any germs Lol).  I will say YOU MUST  go to The Tequila Factory in Cozumel!  Even if you don't like tequila let me just say this TEQUILA IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in Mexico and theirs is amazing!  Not the Jose Cabo Wabo crap we get here!  They will let you taste any kind you want, we brought home coffee and creme flavored yummy!  You can actually taste pretty much any kind you want in any of the shops not just in the Tequila Factory.  Palace has a stay at one play at all policy, but I will say Aventura was by far the nicest out of the palace resorts (we visited Playacar and Cozumel Palace).  And def upgrade on your transfer from airport to at least people going to the resort you are going to. If you get stuck with people going to diff resorts on your shuttle you run the risk of having to stop at a bunch of other places before you get to yours.  Hope this helped some!
  • Options
    I agree with pp...we also stayed at Aventura (so awesome) but the transfer thing is key!  We didn't upgrade and it took a very long time stopping at about 4 other resorts first.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards