Illinois-Chicago
Options

Creative Guest Book for my Chicago ladies :)

So I just wanted to share my guestbook, which was my fiance's idea.  He is a Sox fan and I am a Cubs fan, so we purchased two personalized jerseys from MLB.com.  They have our new last name on them, and our wedding date for the numbers.  We are having our guests sign these jerseys and we plan to display them in our home at a later date.  Just wanted to share the cute shout out to Chicago!  You can see a picture of them in my bio!

Re: Creative Guest Book for my Chicago ladies :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea! 
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that idea!  And rock on for being the Cubs fan in the pair...it's the same situation for us :)  We're doing something similar, too. We're doing a Blackhawks "theme" for our wedding.  My fiance makes art pieces to look like the back (or front) of a pro-sports jersey, and we're going to construct a Blackhawks one with our last name and year (12) and have everyone sign it in a silver paint marker :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Already did it!!! We actually came up with the idea a few weeks ago, and he did some research on getting a personalized jersey for a cheaper price than MLB.com. Ended up ordering from Triple Threat in Mokena, for the authentic jersey size 50 with his (my soon to be) last name, and our wedding date as number, was $160.  I actually didn't see the price on MLB.com, but he said it was closer to $200. So maybe if you haven't ordered already, look up the Triple Threat one.

I do have a question though... What pen are you using? Sharpie Fine Point?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh... Michaels also will frame the jersey, and use the 50% off coupon. He's gonna hang it in his new mancave!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! We are doing the same thing with a personalized Blackhawks jersey. We are in a similar situation with him being the Cubs fan and me being the Sox fan, but we are both really big Hawks fan, so we are having a sort of Blackhawks themed wedding. Can't wait to frame it and display it in our new home! =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked out ll of your DIY Sparkle, you've been a busy girl! Great job on all of your projects.
    Your wedding is getting close, sooooo exciting!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to share a pic of what I had mentioned we were doing.  :)  This is what my fiance does for a living.  He makes these out of high-quality paper and has them framed.  This is the one that we have for the 2010-2011 Blackhawks team (only missing 2 signatures!) so our wedding "guestbook" will be something similar :)

• Options
    lilbitbeakerlilbitbeaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that youre a cubs fan!
    I bleed cubbie blue in baseball season, then it darkens to bears blue in football season LOL

thats a super cute idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards