New York-Hudson Valley
Options

new on here

I just got engaged in May. .. we are in the ealry planning stages we have june of 2013 in mind but may be alittle later  I just had to put a date in when I signed up. I have No Idea where to start..I have been to a few weddings latley..and some of the vendors were great and others seemed ok but not our style. What do we look for and which vendors do I start with??

Re: new on here

• Options
    Congratulations! I would start with some bridal shows and venues first.
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    I would buy this book, I planned my whole wedding myself and it was extremely helpful! Also vendor reviews on here are awesome and really helpful!

Anniversary
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I would start with wedding style and figure out your budget.  That can include the guest list (as in number).  That will then help you focus looking for venues.  Book the venue before you book anything else...without a place or date, the other will be hard!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    thank you all... Mike And I are considdering something outdoors... or maybe on a boat on the river has anyone ever been one the pride of the hudson???  we are still trying to figure out what and where..WHO and how...LOL never imagined it would be like this..IM actully still on the high of him asking me...
  • Options
    Go on pinterest or this site or martha stewart weddings and get an ideal for feel/style/colors.  Magazines help with this, too.  This site (also their big book of wedding lists which I cannot recommend more) is exhaustive in terms of what to do and when to do it (so you don't have to think about when you should be doing what.  You just know that at 6 months out you should do X, Y and Z).  The book also gives you budget outline (such as A should be X% of the total budget, etc).  Then you can eliminate what you don't want, things that aren't you and/or things you can't afford (setting butterflies free, calligrapher, wedding planner).  Then just follow the timeline!

I have to say that I love that I am having my wedding at a venue.  I don't have to think about things like forks.  A close girlfriend of mine is getting married at a family home.  It's gorgeous and on the water, but she has to rent everything: every glass, every chair, every chair cover.  If you are the type of person who wants to worry less, a venue where all that stuff is included is the way to go. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards