Texas-San Antonio

SA Catholic Brides

You can tell my wedding is getting closer because I'm starting to freak out about every little detail. Anyway, for those of you who married or are getting married in the Catholic church. How much are you planning on giving the priest or donating to the church?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SA Catholic Brides

• edited December 2011
    I think my mom said no less than $150-200 when I asked her....but not sure what's "normal."
  • edited December 2011
    The church I'm using is charging $500 for my FI and I to get married there-but they call it a donation. I wasn't particularly planning on giving an extra donation on top of that. :|
  • edited December 2011
    I'll add that we are paying a separate fee for the church.  However, we are getting married at a different church than where our priest works, so that makes a difference.
  • edited December 2011
    We had planned on giving the preist $200 but he really upset me at the rehersal and I honestly don't think we gave him anythingBut I would say that $100-$200 would be a decent amount.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I are giving our priest about $100 because that's really all we can spare. Our wedding + reception + honeymoon = about $5000 so we're really trying to reign in our spending. We also have four altar servers and we're giving them a $25 Visa Gift card each. Our wedding is a Latin High Mass and it's in a different church, so since we have to pay $500 for our church sans organist, we're trying to give our priest as much as we can since he's gone out on such a huge limb for us. Love your priest. Your ceremony will be beautiful, I promise. :) --Jessie
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    San Fernando requests $150. I was like dannnnnnng! Annnd we're parishoners there.
  • CourtneyJ2010CourtneyJ2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have to pay like $800 for the church and thats not including the priest's stipend not to mention our engaged encounter of course
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    has anyone found a catholic church that costs less than $1000 to get married in?? i really want to get married in a church but everywhere seems to be about $1300 total which is way out of my budget?? i was wondering if anyone has found any church that is much less to marry you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards