New Hampshire

How much for flowers?

The budget brides post got me questioning how much you should really budget for flowers?  I want to keep my budget on flowers as low as possible (even to $500 if I can).  My FI is wearing his Army uniform and you can't have any flowers on it so we save on boutiners and we're not using flowers in our centerpieces (I'm trying to just use candles or something of that nature, any non-flower center piece ideas welcome!).  My mom however will not give up on the MOB corsage, she insists that it's a "new england tradition" (my poor mother is older and VERY old fashioned) so with those, the godparents and one godmother that's an extra 5 set of flowers!  And she won't help pay for flowers once she found out how much they actually cost. If I keep my BM's flower to a bare min (like 5 roses per bouquet) is it possible to have a relativly low cost?  Can anyone give me a reasonable ballpark to expect?  Thank you!

Re: How much for flowers?

• edited December 2011
    If you are willing and able to DIY your flowers and stick with basic flowers like roses or Gerber daisies you can get fantastic deals from rosesource.com and fiftyflowers.com and a few others online. I have heard great things about them. You could keep it as low as 200 or 300. With a florist I have no idea as of yet I am tackling that route right now.
  • edited December 2011
    So you can see pics of some of my flowers in my bio... but... with: 1 brides bouquet, 1 tossing bouquet (which you could skip), 1 MOH bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 5 clusters (Im guessing corsage is about the same price) and 1 flower girl was $850.... So $500 is DEF do-able. I had all roses... so you could go with less expensive flowers (roses are the middle of the line), smaller bouquets and skip the toss bouquet... and with the right florist... you could be much more under budget and have extra money for maybe some flowers on the cake and stuff like that. You would def have fuller bouquets than 5 roses... florists have tricks of using bigger flowers to make it look fuller without having to use a lot of flowers. We used Cobblestone Florist in Concord NH. We really liked them a lot... and I recommend them... I am sure they would work with your budget easily. GL
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think $500 is doable for bouquets and coursages. Shop around though. Smaller local shops are your friend and you'd be surprised with the work they can come up with. Also, ask your florist about what sort of flowers will be in season for your wedding because that will help drop the cost as long as your heart isn't set on a particular flower, but that can help drive the price up.GL!
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    edited December 2011
    *but - should be because
  • edited December 2011
    We used Local Color Floral Design out of Kittery. We nixed floral center pieces to save $. We had a swag on the gazebo, bridal bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 8 boutonnieres, 4 corsages, 1 toss bouquet, and 1 arrangement for the card table.Kristen's prices are amazing - her flowers are phenomenal, she is an absolutely sweetheart AND my flowers came in under $500. I just spoke with her today and she is coming up with a new price list because she got so much business from NH knotties. Give her a shout. I LOVED working with her.
  • edited December 2011
    I did silks - sunflowers.I ordered mine already assembled from a seller on ebay.  I had my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 6 bouts, 5 corsages, with shipping for just under $100!  I also had to buy some decorations for the alter, but those were affordable too.  I found great deals on silk flowers at afloral.com.  I actually ordered my BM's bouquets from them first, on sale for $4 each, but changed my mind later when I wanted to be sure all my flowers matched.I used "luminaries" for my centerpieces - pic in bio. Definitely saved me a lot over having floral centerpieces!
  • Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how many BM's your having but... My bouquet (a dozen black magic roses) My BM/MOH bouquet (9 cream roses) 5 bouts for the guys (roses) 4 corsarges (roses) gerber daisies for our centerpiecesAnd our cake toppercame in around 300 At Chalifours in Manchester.
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lindsey Loring and with 1 bridal bouquet, 2 BM bouquets, 6 bouts, 4 corsages, 12 centerpieces 4 cocktail table centerpieces and a toss bouquet came in under $800 so I imagine if you don't need the centerpieces it would be much less.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I would also second Kristin at Local Color Floral Design.  She did my daughter's bouquet with orchids, calla lilies, roses and hydragena, 3 bridesmaids with calla lilies, hydragenda and roses, 2 corsages with roses, 7 boutineers with calla lilies and 3 ceremony vases for under $500.  She is great to work with, we bought our own vases, and she has great ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal bouquet - calla lillies, hydrangeas and carnations MOH bouquet - 8 calla lillies 4 BM bouquets - 6 calla lillies 1 bag of white flower petals 4 corsages 11 bouttenieres $410.00 from a local shop in Suncook. A way to save is to have someone pick up the flowers (not in the wedding party), and perhaps limit the corsages to mothers and grandmothers only. Also, speak to a florist about what you want and they may be able to offer alternative flowers that will give you the same look for cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards