Indiana

Rehearsal Dinner in BR or Dwntwn

So I'm having rehearsal dinner planning blues! We had wanted to have it at the Slippery Noodle Inn- most of our RD guests are out of town and will be staying at the Omni. We thought this was a GREAT idea... walking distance, friends from OOT who aren't in the RD group could meet us there and enjoy some music after. WELL they don't allow in people under 21. If the smoking ban passes they will start allowing people under 21 in (not sure how that works) but he told me absolutely no for anyone under 21 at this point. FI was looking more into Broad Ripple himself though. He said Bazbeaux but they don't do private parties or reservations. Our fave mexican place, Cancun, is on Keystone and they said they do it- but no private room- just call the night before. He said they've done up to 100 so 20-30 shouldn't be bad- then we could pick a bar in BR and have friends meet us there. But- it's not walking distance of the Omni which complicates things for our OOT guests. Any other suggestions in those areas? Informal & inexpensive is the way we're doing it.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in BR or Dwntwn

• purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at Binkley's Kitchen and Bar in Bripple.  We had our own room and the food was amazing (probably better than our reception!). You can look at their prices on their website.When my friend had her wedding, we stayed at the Omni and her rehearsal dinner was at Bucca's.  Not sure if you'd want that since it's a chain.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the rathskellar. It was awesome! Check out the review in my siggy
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. We are having ours at the Cornerstone Coffee Shop attached to Moe and Johnny's. Our rehearsal is next Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. They have been awesome to work with. It is both informal and really reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Rathskellar [sp?]. I went to a RD there a few weeks ago and it was awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine Downtown at Weber Grill. It's within walking distance from our hotel and venue as well.  They have a private room as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards