Florida-Central Florida

DIY centerpieces (and bouquets now)...done-zo!

Just finished the first centerpiece and added it to the bio! =)

They'll be on burlap table runners with teal or peach floor length linens.
(Half will be teal, and half peach).

Re: DIY centerpieces (and bouquets now)...done-zo!

• edited December 2011
    Very cute! Will you be using silk flowers for the CPs, or were the ones in the pics just place holders? I can't remember. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I might be a weirdo...but I won't be using real flowers for the wedding...just silks! (so I can make everything ahead of time, basically) Since I'm doing everything on my own and on a budget, its easier...plus, I was a custom floral designer at Michaels a couple years back! hahaha. =P
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute! I'm using fake flowers (not sure if they're considered "silk"... doubt it. But they look very realistic!) But $3 per centerpiece for flowers vs. $20+ ... when they're just going to die... I couldn't justify spending the money. I prefered to use if for more & better food, drinks, etc. which my guests would appreciate more.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I mean, if I had a bigger budget, then heck yeah I'd use real flowers...but when I was breaking down my expenses...it just made sense to do it like this, I guess. I'm making the bouquets right now and they look super real, so I doubt anyone would even notice. I'm going to add a few sprigs of greenery and stuff to the centerpieces in the end to give them a more realistic look too. The lights at the reception will be dimmed, so no one will even know unless they touch them! hahaha. =P
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, this is how my sister's MOH bouquet turned out...
  • edited December 2011
    Nice job on all of it! The bouquets have a little bit of an English garden look to them. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oooo, they all look nice!! I really like your centerpieces and your bouquet. Its pretty darn cool that you can put all the work in now and then you get to keep your bouquet after without worrying about it dying. Nice! lol
  • edited December 2011
    they all look fabulous!!
  • edited December 2011
    i really like your boutique it is so nice!  Do you think people really care that flowers aren't real? Ok let me refrease that do you think realistic people care haha because I wouldn't think so as long as they looked decent. 

Sometimes I can't stand all the wedding shows on tv because they just push over the top expense and critize brides if they don't.  I am super excited about doing my diy wedding and I love seeing all this stuff the brides on here make.
  • m12_m22m12_m22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your centerpieces and bouquets are beautiful!!! We are also going with silk flower arrangements for the centerpieces from Michael's.....def more budget friendly!!! They are very simple and I love they will be done ahead of time! I think we going to do real flowers for my bouquet and my bridesmaids b/c I don't think I could arrange those on my own. But I'm working on it!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards