New York-Hudson Valley

Nothing like last minute!

My mom bought a beautiful dress a few months ago from a local shop near us. However she just got it back from the seamstress who botched up the dress...My wedding is 9/5/10...Does anyone have any suggestions for good stores to visit where she can get another dress in time? :( I live in the Orange County area and am willing to travel a little bit!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: Nothing like last minute!

• edited December 2011
    holy moly!

I would try Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrams to start. Since you will be able to buy off the rack.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed with that- maybe check the outlets too
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also check David's Bridal. My mom and grandmother both got their dresses off the clearance rack there.
  • edited December 2011

Another idea is the saint lukes hospital thrift store on Route 94 in New Windsor.  A lot of the doctor's wives donate their clothes and they are all high end designers.  Also check Goodwill.

• edited December 2011
    oh i forgot about the Harriman Army Navy store in Monroe, looks like nothing from the outside but they have beautiful dresses.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_nothing-like-last-minute?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:a7a943f3-46df-4a08-9178-4f442d2d4648Post:116c4dc7-3fc8-47de-ba40-83750047f23d">Re: Nothing like last minute!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh i forgot about the Harriman Army Navy store in Monroe, looks like nothing from the outside but they have beautiful dresses.
    Posted by chrisnjay2010[/QUOTE]

Yes they do have gorgeous dresses there. I believe the salon where I got my dress, Bella Couture in Newburgh, usually has some MOB dresses on clearance so you could check those out to buy off the rack.
    imageimageimage
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    holy crapps! sowwie to hear that! 
    Agree with the suggestions above

• jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Hariman Army Navy in Monroe.  It doesn't look like a dress store on the outside but they have some beautiful dresses inside.  They also have some off rack dresses.  My mom and FMIL got their dresses there. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you can find a Loehman's (I know they have one in White Plains by Tarrytown Road) they have gorgeous dresses some can be prciey and some very affordable. My friend's mom got her dress there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Macy's, Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor and JC Penney.

Hope she finds something she loves!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards