Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Lasering Hair hopefully not TMI

SO this summer I had my eyes lasered and I can see and its wonderful. Im not so sure about this laser hair removal, though. FI said he would pay for it, but Im still not sure. Does it hurt? Is there irritation afterwards? I have never waxed that area and generally pay it no mind unless I have to wear a swimsuit.. ok TMI.. sorry. ANyone have any reviews of ANY laser hair removal treatments? PS Yes, I checked YELP in my area so i don't need specific provider recommendations, just vaildation that i am not going to burn my skin off...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Lasering Hair hopefully not TMI

• I was a little worried about it at first too, but it is really wonderful!! I have had 5 treatments and will probably go back for 1-2 more. It isn't really painful, just kind of warm. They will have you fill out a bunch of paperwork about your skin type so that they know which level to set the laser at. For me, the lady tested an area on the inside of my arm to make sure that I wouldn't have a bad reaction and that it was at the right level. Your skin will be slightly red afterward, but for me, the redness went down within 10 minutes. If your FI is willing to pay for it, I would definitely do it!!!
  • Thanks for your help!
  • got my first treatment today and it wasnt bad at all! YAY!
  • I got it on my chin and neck area because I am of darker decent. It was $4,000 total and I needed about 8 treatments. It hurt terribly! I did use something called Emla cream. I applied it an hour prior to each treatment and covered it with serane wrap to keep it moist and fresh. It worked a little but I still felt the shock of the laser. I have a low pain tolerance though, so sorry if I scared you lol. These treatments happened about once every 3-4 weeks. Not sure when you are getting married but I would start soon if interested.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards