Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm trying but...

I can't get into TheNest.  There's no excitement and they all seem so miserable in their marriages.  Nothing but complaints about not getting enough seks, having to have too much seks (like there is such a thing), their husbands calling too much, or not enough, etc.  Blah!
BabyName Ticker

Re: I'm trying but...

• Options
    i cant either.also, the fact that i can't watch threads turns me off.
  • Options
    I agree...but who are you?  I don't recall seeing you around here much before.  What was your previous sig?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I usually just lurk around but TheNest really bothered me today so I decided to post.  My sig used to be an engagement pic.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    ... and this is why I am still a regular on the knot.  I just can't do the nest.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Just wait until The Bump.  There are many people over there that really just shouldn't be procreating.

• Options
    I thought that too, but recently I'm there more and more. If you stay away from the crazies (and there are plenty of crazies here too), they are pretty helpful too.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    BGB...read above.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I only go to the Travel, Entertainment and Fashion & Beauty pages over there, since they don't have those here on TK.  I'm afraid of the Nesties.
  • Options
    I like International Newlyweds. Other then that I don't really look around.
  • Options
    Seriously...post your old pic. I don't remember you either, but I'm sure I will once I see your old siggy.
  • Options
    The bump is scary. It almost makes you afraid to have babies. And is horribly disease ridden. H1N1 anyone? There is seriously like, 15 posts a day about the flu, all asking if the vaccine will kill their baby.But the miscarriage/loss board has some pretty amazing ladies and has been a great help to me.
  • Options
    Old siggy back up.  I really never posted anything so I doubt you'll remember me.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    niffy - the flu vaccine badges were the worst.  Who fuucking cares??Sadly, people are so misguided and can't take the time to do any research or reading on their own.

• Options
    I poked around thebump for a bit, seeing what other people said symptoms of going off bc (gonna chart instead, not having kids) would be.  Only made it a little bit before it was too much.  But I used to poke around on D&R for awhile, wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    niffycat, that's the only time I've been to the bump, because someone pointed to someone's story there. It was so sad, but the woman whose blog I was reading was truly an amazing woman.
  • Options
    Nah, I remember seeing you around...must have been quite a while back though. Congrats on getting married!
  • Options
    they all seem so miserable in their marriagesYeah this is the sense I got too. ...and the endless complaing their husbands don't do enough with the kids, house etc. So sad.Unless you are TTC or busy with buying/redecorating a house there is not tooo much to relate to unfortunately.
  • Options
    Sucrets- I hated the baby boards because of the repeat posts about the same thing and the non existent baby bump photos. At least one time, I wanted to say something like, "no sweetie, that isn't your baby, you are just fat...'Nicole- I have found the loss board comforting because it is nice to know that I am not the only person it happened to. And on the selfish side, some of those women have pretty horrible stories that make mine sound like a walk in the park, so it sometimes makes me think "well, what happened to me sucked, but what not half as bad as what happened to her."
  • Options
    niffycat, I lol'd at your comment to sucrets. And I know what you mean. It helps to get perspective on things sometimes. So sorry for your loss, though.
  • Options
    niffy - I know!  Some people are just overly dramatic.  I feel bad for the people they have to interact with in real life.

• Options
    Thanks Nicole, the first weeks was really hard, but time and distance helps. Now we get to enjoy making a new baby. :)  
  • Options
    Sucrets- I honestly hope that the worst ones are really normal in person and use the bump to let their preggie hormones run wild, but I am truly afraid that they don't.
  • Options
    I must be the only one who likes the nest.
  • Options
    I like reading the baby names board on the bump. It seems to be the only one with any snark. Bad names + hormonal crazies = fun times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I'm going to show FI The Nest and The Bump in my continued effort to get him to understand that The Knot is not all one big lump of Industrial Wedding Complex, nor is it as crazy as it gets.
  • Options
    Ricks, I am curious, tell about your nestie self. What is your secret to success, if you will...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards