Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Need your help Ladies, cake Issues!

Hey Ladies, I was wondering how would you think this would taste. My mom's friend is baking our 4 tier cake, I opt for her because her coconut pound cake is 2 die for! and others jus won't know how to bake it to my liking.  Our cake will only be 2 flavors, coconut pound & red velvet w/ cream cheese fillings. I was wondering do you think that the taste would clash with the butter cream icing that we will have the whole cake frosted out of, I don't want fondant icing, and was wondering of the overall cake. Thanks ladies?

Re: Need your help Ladies, cake Issues!

• mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really, you are just going to have to try it. Hopefully she won't mind making a small test cake. Just FYI, one of our flavors is coconut cake filled with choc ganache topped w/vanilla buttercream and toasted coconut. We did try it and it was delicious. GL!
  • cabaker1121cabaker1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally think it would taste amazing.. but i agree you should have her make a small test cake or you could even make one yourself and try it out (if you're not comfortable w/ asking your mom's friend to do so). Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I am sure that it will taste great, but on the other hand, I wil ask her 2 do a test run for me...thanks again, good point
  • edited December 2011
    Buttercream/cream cheese is one of those flavors that goes fine with pretty much everything.   I honestly wouldn't worry.For what it's worth I think having a small sample to be certain you like the flavor combination is a very good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards