Washington-Seattle

Need your help...

I am having a hard time visualizing how I want the table to look at the wedding. What did you do? Did you go to your caterer as ask them to do a table mock up? Or decide by yourself?
I'm using Brown's and they include colored linens, overlays, napkins, and chargers.
So I know I want white table cloths with chocolate brown overlays.
As far as napkins go should I try to find a red color to go with my theme, chocolate, or white?
Also, chargers are available in gold or silver. I wasn't sure if we should use them or not. Why do people use them? I think we would opt for silver before gold if we even go with them. It is a buffet style meal so I am guessing that the plates won't be set on the chargers.

Here is a reminder mock up of my centerpieces. On the vase is our momgram with brown and red and this is just a chocolate brown piece of paper as a sample.

Please help! TIA!:)

Re: Need your help...

• edited December 2011
    I am using browns as well and am considering asking if they could do a mock up.

I am not a fan of gold, but with brown, I think gold would match better than the silver. If you don't want the gold, I would suggest no chargers...

If I were you I would want to see what it looks like. I would do either red or white napkins. Not brown on brown. Just my thoughts. Well brown on brown with gold chargers might look nice. Ahhh IDK!

I know where you are coming from. It is really hard to imagine. We are doing deep purple and like a seafoam green and I am not sure if we should do purple overlays with green or white napkins, but we will be using the silver chargers.

I would just ask them to do a mockup for you. Will prob make you feel more comfortable about it. Less worrying, stress, etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

i think no chargers would be best. i love the idea of the brown overlays over the white cloths.

i know they have 2 colors of red if i can remember. one is like a burgundy and one is like a RED. I think white would be nice also.

(did they just send you your final packet?? i got my email today)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    im a big fan of chargers and agree with kinmir that gold will look better with brown.  Also i would use the red napkins to go with your theme.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, sarack I got my final packet today too! That is kind of scary, so many details and decisions to make. Have you decided what you are doing yet? I think I'll email her and ask if I can go in and see a mock up. I'll let you guys know what they say about mock ups.

I feel like the chargers make a huge statement whether they are silver or gold which is not one of our wedding colors. I also don't really know what they are good for. FI said "They just junk up the table" lol :)

Thanks girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards