Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Summer Beach Ceremony/Reception Ideas on the Cape

So I'm guessing a lot of people probably post asking about this, but I just got engaged and I'm so excited and wanted to start a new post for ideas on summer beach ceremony/reception sites on the Cape. 

My fiance and I definitely want to get married on Cape Cod, and I have my heart set on having at least the ceremony on the beach, and preferably having the reception and ceremony at the same place (or at least very close to each other so that people don't have to worry about transportation).  Even better if I can block rooms at the reception site as well for guests to stay at!

We would prefer to stay east of Hyannis and west of Eastham (although for the right place I'd consider any place on the Cape!), and I would assume maybe 150 people or so.  We are thinking a tented reception with a bbq or clambake type of menu.  I always loved Chatham Bars Inn but I think it's just too expensive for what we are thinking of doing.

Any ideas or experiences that anyone has for any of this (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Summer Beach Ceremony/Reception Ideas on the Cape

• It really depends on budget, as we got a (still pricey) but much more reasonable deal than we had ever expected from CBI.  We got a block of rooms for a few people in Yarmouth, as the Cove and similar places in the Orleans/Chatham area wouldn't do it.
    As far as beaches go around there, I love Skaket, but you really can't go wrong anywhere.
    Anniversary
  • Liz my wedding is there in September too. how many people are you having? Im having about 125 just wondering how that number will work there. I am going to have the tented area too. If you dont mind sharing some of your ideas/suggestions that would be awesome. Also after the wedding let me know how it went!! I need a rehearsal dinner spot and a cake still!! Also have you tried any of the food there we still are not sure what we are going to order for dinner?? Good luck with your wedding planning :)
  • The Pelham House in Dennis is perfect, right on the beach and you can have a tented reception on the lawn, there are some great caterers on the Cape that can make your clambake idea work perfect!
  • Check out the SeaCrest Beach Hotel in Falmouth! You can have a ceremony on the beach and the reception right there in their ocean front ballroom. They also let you do room blocks for your guests. I got married there last July and we had an absolute awesome time. Although the reception would not be in a tent on the beach...the inside reception facitility right on the ocean allows for better climate control while still having an amazing atmosphere and view. It is less expensive than what we found for the CBI as well. For guests traveling to the Cape it is much closer than getting all the way to Chatham as well. 

Keke---Check out the Beach House in Falmouth for your rehersal dinner. That's where I had mine and it worked out very well. I have heard of people having it at the Flying Bridge as well..that might be a little more expensive. For cakes...check out Tammy at the Scratch Cake Bakery!! Absolutely amazing and delicious cakes with endless possibilities of creativity :) http://www.thescratchcake.com/
  • jerseychic24jerseychic24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    For our cake we are doing cupcakes from cupcakecharlies.com  they have a store in plymouth and mashpee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards