New Jersey - South

must take photos?

Should you give a list to your photographer? and if so whad did everyone put on thiers?

Re: must take photos?

• angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a must take list should be more about family and friends and portraits. Like making sure he gets a shot of you and grandma in church. As far as candid moments you should leave that up to him. If you liked his samples I'm sure they were photos he took without direction from the subject. He'll give you the same quality. You trusted him enough to book him so you should just trust him with what's important.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm reserving the must-take list for family shots.  I think the best pictures are the ones unique to your wedding and that happen spontaneously.  Some things you just can't recreate from what you see from other people.  Like my photog told me, she can't take a picture of my dad crying at the wedding unless he actually cries = )Plus I don't want to stress myself out thinking "OMG did we get the picture of XYZ??"
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    A few weeks before my wedding, my photographer emailed me a list of options (it was lengthy!)... we eliminated the ones we didn't want, added a few in, and I also emailed him a few samples of photos I liked. As mentioned above, it's hard to recreate pics or stage a 'candid' moment so some of your favorite pics will ultimately be ones that were taken without you even knowing (that's how ours turned out!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards