Texas-San Antonio

Engagement Pics.. What to wear?

Do you guys have any suggestions on attire for engagement pics? we are doing ours outdoors. thanks!

Re: Engagement Pics.. What to wear?

• edited December 2011
    I spent like 3 days looking for just the right shirt, and in the end all I think really mattered was that I was comfortable in what I was wearing. You should try to pick something that is similar to what you're used to because if you're uncomfortable at all it will probably show in your pictures (like for me, I'm used to jeans and t-shirts so if I had worn a dress and heels I would've felt weird). The one thing I would personally recommend, but it's just my opinion, is to try not to be the same color as each other. I feel like when the couple both wear white shirts or both wear black shirts, they kind of blend into each other and it makes the picture less interesting. If you wanted a few casual and a few dressier shots, you could also ask your photographer if he'd be willing to let you guys do an outfit change in the middle. I've seen some really cute pictures where the couple will wear shirts with their favorite sports team or alma mater on it too. Good luck finding something!
  • edited December 2011
    we did our photos outside too and our photographer specifically recommended that we not wear all white or all black tops. we just picked things that were comfortable and showed off our personalities (i.e. colors of our alma maters and i wore cowboy boots since we took our pics in chicago) just have fun with it! my big splurge was to have my hair blown out and my make up done and that made things so much less stressful!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend bright, fun colors and I agree with not doing the white shirt pics.  For our pics, I wore a fun top that was black and red and paired it with black leggings. He wore a black polo. The pics turned out great..we didn't match exactly, but it went together well. My second outfit was a fun summer dress that was navy and white, and my fiance wore a navy/blues striped dress shirt. So again we weren't exactly matching, but they went together. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards