Flowers
Options

Gladiolus alternatives?

I was planning on doing just white gladiolus as my centerpieces. I've found some at a decent price, but was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for similar flowers that were a little less expensive. I'm basically just looking for white stalk flowers. TIA!

Re: Gladiolus alternatives?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stock- it's so cheap! They're really pretty grouped together too.
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I looked into snapdragons before, but I wanted something with blooms that went pretty far down the stem, and the snapdragon really only have flowers on the top, so that wouldn't work. I'll look at the others that were suggested as well, Thanks!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you'll get something as tall, elegant, and showy cheaper than gladiolas. I usually find them more plentiful and less expensive mid to late summer. You might consider snapdragons, orchids, or callas, but they won't be any cheaper. Hydrangeas and alstromerias are pretty and "showy" but are more in clusters. Or you could get the height you are looking for with mostly greenery or branches, and use a few long stemmed flowers, that are staggered in height. Greenery like Bells of Ireland, aspidistra, lily grass, curly willow, etc... with a few showy flowers, or just one to three stems of a pretty flower, like the glads, callas, roses, lilies, orchids, etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards