Indiana

I'm a month out!!!

If any brides out there have any advice, please share it with me!!! I'm sure I have everything covered, but a part of me feels like I'm forgetting something! I'm getting so excited! TIA
We're married!!! 12-12-09
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: I'm a month out!!!

• edited December 2011
    My advice: Once your out an hour away from the rehearsal - stop caring and enjoy yourself!! Also, look out into the audience and make eye contact with important people during the ceremony. Readings are a good opportunity for this. Dance the night away and shut the place down!
  • Enjoy every second and "stay in the moment". It goes by fast and the only way to enjoy it is be there...not in shock, not as a planner, not so nervous...just bask in every moment!
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My pieces of advice:- try to plan extra time for everything because it will take longer than you expect. I didn't plan enough time for my hair so I was rushed the whole rest of the day until the ceremony.- if you like pictures as much as I do, give your camera to someone (bridesmaid for when you're getting ready and guest for the ceremony/reception) to take all kinds of pictures.  It was so fun looking back at my camera of all the shots my friends took with my camera. This will also help hold you over until you get your pro pics back :)- don't be afraid to delegate duties to people or ask for help.  Most people are super willing to help you with whatever you need because you're 'the bride.'  - take moments through out the day to stop and look around at what is going on (if you watch The Office, when Jim and Pam take mental pictures).  There are parts of the day that I absolutely cannot remember and wish I had stopped to take it all in.And it's totally cliche but it goes by so fast so enjoy every moment!
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot one - something WILL go wrong, maybe even a few things.  Whatever happens, try not to let it sour your mood and just go with the flow.Have a great time! 
  • edited December 2011
    - Tagging onto Amanda. Tell people ahead of time that if something goes wrong of there is an issue to fix it, not involve you, not even tell you about it, unless they really feel it's something you should decide. We had lots of little things happen I didn't even know about them until well after the wedding and by that time I definitely didn't care.
  • edited December 2011
    be detailed with your photographer as to what pictures you want taken....don't just assume they will take certain shots.  i assumed that since she took me and my bridesmaids outside at the church before the ceremony to get some cool shots that she was doing the same with the groom and groomsmen. but she didn't.  i also assumed she would get a cute shot of my centerpieces. but she didn't.   i had given her a must take list but didn't even think to mention things like that cuz i assumed she'd just know to take them. i was wrong.enjoy your day!
  • jpharisjpharis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The day of and before go by so so fast, so seriously just breathe and enjoy the moment and enjoy the people you are sharing it with. Don't be afraid to have the photographer to take a lot of pics. I wish we had gotten more pics of just the 2 of us, and us with some of our guests, and just a few more goofy pics. You will have an awesome day! Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards