June 2013 Weddings

Knot Lili might open a Vow Renewal board if there's enough support for the idea!

I got a PM from Knot Lili last night saying she's researching the idea of adding a Vow Renewal board to TK Community! Yay! She also said to encourage people interested in the subject to PM her about their opinion. If you think it's a neat idea (planning a renewal or not!), would you mind sending her a PM?

Julie
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Knot Lili might open a Vow Renewal board if there's enough support for the idea!

• You should cross post this to some of the "Special Topic" boards, like the 40+ board or the Military Brides board that may have more women that are planning vow renewals, too. I'll send her a PM for you. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's good news! For some reason my account won't let me send PMs, does she have an e-mail that I can send a message to?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds like a great idea!  I am planning a first wedding, not a vow renewal, but I know a lot of people do renewals nowadays, and it would be great to have a board dedicated to that.  Even though this is my first wedding, my fiance and I have said that we think it would be nice to do a vow renewal for our 10th or 20th anniversary someday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My brother and I are hoping to plan a vow renewal for our parents for their 30th anniversary in a couple years. They had a slightly rushed wedding (read:pregnant) and I know it wasn't what they would have planned if they didn't rush it. I'd be so excited to do that for them and I'd lurk the vow renewal board hard, haha. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_knot-lili-might-open-a-vow-renewal-board-if-theres-enough-support-for-the-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:adfccc78-0af1-41f7-9e0d-581a75ff07eePost:a84531ee-ae55-44ed-8108-bf813008ffe8">Re: Knot Lili might open a Vow Renewal board if there's enough support for the idea!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should cross post this to some of the "Special Topic" boards, like the 40+ board or the Military Brides board that may have more women that are planning vow renewals, too. I'll send her a PM for you. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Thanks, cnf!! I appreciate it! I think I will do the cross posting. I think I upset a few people earlier by finding posts that mention vow renewals and mentioning the request in the thread. When I log into a TK board, I see all the threads in the order they were posted and they never go away or change from that order. Somebody complained about me bumping old threads. If I had known that, I would have just created a new thread with the info. Problem is, so many people doing renewals run from here either because somebody was very rude to them about doing a renewal or because there is not that much going on here for that topic. And if they are like me, they get emails about new posts in threads but not about PMs or else a PM would have been better. I'm trying to figure out how to get the word out without annoying a bunch of the community!

Julie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_knot-lili-might-open-a-vow-renewal-board-if-theres-enough-support-for-the-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:adfccc78-0af1-41f7-9e0d-581a75ff07eePost:1fff1231-36ef-4f51-aa7d-8c9f0f504c67">Re: Knot Lili might open a Vow Renewal board if there's enough support for the idea!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's good news! For some reason my account won't let me send PMs, does she have an e-mail that I can send a message to?
    Posted by anastassiiat[/QUOTE]

Anastassiiat, can you do it this way? Go to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_budget-weddings_intro-to-knot-lili">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_budget-weddings_intro-to-knot-lili</a> and PM her from her intro post? If not, I will find another way for you to send her a note. Every vote counts!! :)

Julie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_knot-lili-might-open-a-vow-renewal-board-if-theres-enough-support-for-the-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:adfccc78-0af1-41f7-9e0d-581a75ff07eePost:96a29c90-4e69-4298-bd36-23e96c21ae29">Re: Knot Lili might open a Vow Renewal board if there's enough support for the idea!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds like a great idea!  I am planning a first wedding, not a vow renewal, but I know a lot of people do renewals nowadays, and it would be great to have a board dedicated to that.  Even though this is my first wedding, my fiance and I have said that we think it would be nice to do a vow renewal for our 10th or 20th anniversary someday.
    Posted by walgrrl[/QUOTE]

Walgrrl, I'm planning a vow renewal for our 15th anniversary and I'm betting it's so much more relaxed than planning a wedding is! It's been fun thinking of all the things we could do. I hope this new board happens, because I have yet to see a forum dedicated solely to vow renewals on any website. It would be wonderful!

Julie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_knot-lili-might-open-a-vow-renewal-board-if-theres-enough-support-for-the-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:adfccc78-0af1-41f7-9e0d-581a75ff07eePost:a4b3a78d-a25f-4335-a865-bd8310709cf3">Re: Knot Lili might open a Vow Renewal board if there's enough support for the idea!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother and I are hoping to plan a vow renewal for our parents for their 30th anniversary in a couple years. They had a slightly rushed wedding (read:pregnant) and I know it wasn't what they would have planned if they didn't rush it. I'd be so excited to do that for them and I'd lurk the vow renewal board hard, haha. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

That is so sweet that you two are talking about doing a vow renewal for your parents! I hope this board happens so you can lurk to your heart's content! :)

Julie
  • Sent her a PM for you. Hope she makes the board!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, bar!!! :)

Julie
  • I think it would be great to have one, and would invite more people doing vow renewals to come share ideas and not worry about people being judgey. I'll send her a PM today :)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Thanks, rmp!! :)

Julie
  • Sent Lili a message for you :)
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks, sssdee!! I hope Knot Lili is getting flooded with good vibes for a Vow Renewal board!

Julie
  • Still couldn't send her a PM. :( Maybe whoever messages her next can just link to this thread and say there is a lot of support on June 2013 board?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's a great idea. My husband and I are looking to plan a vow renewal /family vacation. We want something intimate, just us and our four children. Would be nice to have a board for those choosing to reaffirm their commitment. We are looking to do ours on the beach, since I have never been to the ocean. Any ideas would be great.
  • Nice to meet you, Sunshine!! I hope we can plan our renewals together on a new Vow Renewal forum!! I hope you will consider sending Knot Lili a PM to let her know you support the idea. Every vote counts right now! :)

Julie
  • Hey, guys! Knot Lili says the meeting to decide on whether a vow renewal board is needed will be tomorrow! Prayers said and fingers crossed!!

Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards