Wedding Party
Options

Conflicted. Help!!

Okay I need comments on whether or not it is okay to have my wedding party the way it is...
My maid of honor will be my bestfriend
But the bridesmaid's are my concern.
1) My Aunt
2) My Stepmom (I consider her my real mother however)
3) Sister
4) Fiance's Mom (I have been close to her my whole life)

Is it totally unorthodox to have mainly family in the wedding party?

Re: Conflicted. Help!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_conflicted-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f3929161-6e0d-4377-8820-e99ddf04a434Post:cb9d4b2e-0b8b-424f-ad7b-4eb7f995303e">Conflicted. Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay I need comments on whether or not it is okay to have my wedding party the way it is... My maid of honor will be my bestfriend But the bridesmaid's are my concern. 1) My Aunt 2) My Stepmom (I consider her my real mother however) 3) Sister 4) Fiance's Mom (I have been close to her my whole life) Is it totally unorthodox to have mainly family in the wedding party?
    Posted by HopefulBride42[/QUOTE]

It's fine. There are no rules about who should/shouldn't be in the wedding party.

• Options
    I think that's great to have your family in the WP. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    My fiance's side is all family.  That's who he is closest to in life...  So if you have that close of a relationship with all of them, that's awesome! :)
  • Options
    I answered you on another board. Next time, if you post on multiple boards, could you please put XP in your subject line?  Thanks!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I had a friend who got married and everyone in her BP was a family member so go for it!

• Options
    Your bridal party is supposed to be made up of people who are closest to you.  It sounds like you have that covered, and are doing swimmingly well.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    thats totally fine! i have my sister and soon to be sister in law in mine and my fiance has his brother and 3 of his cousins!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_conflicted-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f3929161-6e0d-4377-8820-e99ddf04a434Post:88f2d15c-52ba-4243-abc6-a23165e04b08">Re: Conflicted. Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I take it you are not close to your mom? Is she coming to the wedding? With absolutely no background info my only concern is she would feel pretty hurt seeing the other moms up there in the wedding party. Might make her feel out of place.
    Posted by scribe95[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No my bio mother will not be at the wedding. We aren't close and really she would'nt contribute anything to my day except drama :(</div>
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards