Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't get MLK day off?

Re: Good morning!

• I don't, so I'm here bright and early. Today is going to be crazy. Last Friday, one of my CWs went remote so I'm the only one on my team left as a Tier 2 (which is like the supervisor's assistant when it comes to helping out everyone else). CW always helped everyone on his side, and I helped mine, so with him gone it's just me.

And this team needs a lot of help. I don't think I'll get much done once everyone is in the office.
  • I'm here! Morning! Or rather, afternoon for me.

I just made a total azz of myself. We have a meeting from our Middle Europe group here today, and I needed to go talk to one of the guys about something he's past deadline on. I saw him earlier and noted "tall, skinny guy, red shirt".  So, I walk into this separate area that they are in eating lunch, and walk up to him and while I'm shaking hands I realize Oh shiit. That's not the right guy! And I just told him Oh, you're not Marco, and walked away. (also stupid)

Yeah. The guy I accidentally went up to?  Head of all Marketing in Middle Europe. Party of idiot, me!
  • Oh, Snippy.  That sounds like something I'd do.

It's effing freezing right now (well, freezing for FL).  I don't want to walk the dog.

And, it's a university holiday, so my students are off.  I would hope that I would have my teaching time off, but no.  My clinic is still open, and where I'd normally be teaching a class, I have to do faculty development crap.  :\
  • Good Morning!  The heat is out in my section of the building at work.  It's a bit chilly up in here.  Of course I wore a 3/4 length sleeve sweater today too.  My heater is full blast in my office right now.  Thankfully the lady in the office next to me isn't going to be in today b/c when we run our heaters simultaneously we blow a fuse.  

I'm only working a half day today b/c my sitters husband is off work today and they have plans.  It was awesome to find that out last night at 8 so that I had zero time to figure something else out.  le sigh.  
  • Morning.  It's my last day of vacation, I go back tomorrow.  To celebrate, I'm on day five of the worst migraine I've ever had.  I can't figure out what's causing it.  I have a doctor's appt. later today anyway, so I'll bring it up then.

H went back to work today, and the car battery decided to die.  It's died twice now since we came home from vacation, and I'm wondering if it's just in bad shape.  The stupid thing is completely unreliable.  I know it's cold, and that can cause batteries to die, but twice in two days is ridiculous.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Good morning! Today's the first day of my internship! It will be all employee orientation/paperwork, but I'm still so excited!
  • That's great news, Jill!  Have a great first day!
  • Bay you can go to AutoZone and have the battery tested for free, sounds like it's that time.  How was vacation?  Feel better!

• Ugh, Stacks,you'd think they would tell everyone to go home since I'm pretty sure it's not exactly warm up there right now. That sucks.

Mica, I think you should jut take a nap. :D

Sesh, if that person is working remotely, how has their job changed so that now you are the one doing their stuff? That's really strange to me.

Good luck Jill!

• Good morning. Good luck today Jill! I don't have to be at work until 10 but the stupid upstairs neighbors woke up. They suck so bad.
  • Good Morning.  I thought I'd pop in to say hello since I'm still awake for a few.

BayState, if it isn't the battery, have them check the alternator.  A bad one will drain the battery.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! It's nice to be dressed like a grown up after pretty much living in my pjs since we moved. Have a good day everyone!Smile
  • Gah. I knew I forgot. Feel better Bay. That sounds totally miserable. :(
  • Well Snippy the heat in the front of the office is working so they have that cranked up to like 90 and then have fans blowing the hot air to the back of the building.  And then in the hallways they have heaters with fans blowing the heater air throughout the office.  It's really ghetto up in here right now.  All we need is a way to incorporate duct tape and robitussin and we'd have official ghetto heating status.  
  • Good luck, Jill!

Stacks, when I get a jump that is what I will do.  Hopefully it IS just the battery.  Vacation was great :)  I want to go back to warm weather.

AMrs, oh noes, I hope it's not the alternator...I will cry.  :(

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-218?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9b32844b-704b-444a-b402-41a7095605f9Post:3263c00d-413d-4143-8d99-2b0eb82052e5">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, Stacks,you'd think they would tell everyone to go home since I'm pretty sure it's not exactly warm up there right now. That sucks. Mica, I think you should jut take a nap. :D Sesh, if that person is working remotely, how has their job changed so that now you are the one doing their stuff? That's really strange to me. Good luck Jill!
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not doing his actual work. He is still writing his own websites and all that. But as Tier 2s, we are also the go-to people for everyone else when a supervisor is not available (which is pretty much all the time). So people will ask us questions throughout the day or ask for guidance on a site. With him going remote, I'm the only person they can ask for help on our team now.

Good luck, jill! Hope you have a great first day.

Bay, I'd get the battery tested. Mine was doing that not too long ago and we just had to replace it.
  • Wow. That's. Special, Stacks. Sounds like a huge fire hazard also. Ridiculous.
  • GL, Jill!

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Good morning all!

Ditto the Auto Zone. If it is the battery, they will replace it there and it isn't usually tht expensive.

Good luck Jill!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Morning!

I'm here today.  It's another day where are corporate offices are closed, but we have to work.  Though, we get a floating holiday to use in the next 6 months, so I'll use it when we go on vacation in February.  I really hate going into work when FI doesn't have to though.  

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning.  I don't have MLK day off either, our office is currently blowing cold air out of the vents, so it is really cold in here.

We're in a historical building in Cleveland, so we aren't even allowed to have space heaters either :(.

Bay, definitely get your car checked out.  My battery died on me last Thurs.  I had to have my belt tensioner fixed for the alternator.

• Oh and Bay - It could also be the starter.  When mine went out it, after I jumped the battery it would work for that day and not the next.  Hopefully it's not though.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good Morning!

Bay I'll ditto AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts. We took Lucas's mustang there bcause of the same issue with the battery. They were awesome. It was definitely the alternator. We purchased it there for like nothing, then they told him he could change it out right there. They had tools and answered questions while he was doing it. At one point we had to re-wire the plug for it and the guy did it for us.

If you or your H are at all mechanically inclined going this route could save you hundreds of dollars.
  • Morning!

Snips, I'm sorry you had an embarrassing moment, but I laughed a little :)

Stacks, stay warm!

Sesh, that sucks. Can you keep any kind of record of your increased workload and in a couple weeks talk to your bosses about it? We can work from home sometimes with my job, but it's definitely not the same even being available by IM as being in the office with your phone.

Bay, I hope your car fixes itself :(
  • Morning.  I'm working. Boo!
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Morning!  We ran 11 miles yesterday, and I am SORE today.  It was hard coming up the stairs.  I'm jealous of everyone who has the day off.  H and I both have doctors appointments this afternoon, though, so at least we'll both get out a little early.  I think we're going to take the dogs to my mom's house.  They have been bouncing off the walls lately.  I think they need to run off some steam.

Sorry about the extra work Sesh.  That's annoying.

I hope it's an easy fix, Bay.  Did you guys have an awesome time on your cruise?

Jill, I will trade you grown up clothes for pajamas.  I love PJs.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • edited January 2012
    11 miles? Man, that's far. I can't even make it 10 minutes on the treadmill.

Emily, we already do keep track of the workload but it doesn't matter. It's not worth bringing it up to the boss since I'm pretty sure he hates me.

Also, I stayed in my PJs all day yesterday. I worked, but just never got dressed. It was wonderful.
  • Good Morning!  What is MLK day?  Is it Martin Luther King day?  That's all I could come up with.

I still don't have a name for kitty.  I thought of Phoebe, call her pheobs, like friends.  I'm not sure H is down, but I totes think she could be a pheobs. 

Snipps - Do you have to see that guy again?  That is totally something I would do.

Bay - How was your vaca? 

Jill - Good Luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I need to go buy a business suit today for my interview on Friday. I used to own a few, but I donated them when they didn't fit anymore and my previous job didn't require one daily so I've never replaced them. I hate shopping for suits.
  • Yay for an interview, MK!  Is it for the same kind of position you were in before?

I hope I never have to buy a suit.  I'm so uncomfortable in them.  I'm just not a suit person.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards