Ohio-Columbus
Options

Help!

Hello everyone !
I'm new on this forums thing for the wedding , but I've started a new job and I am starting to freak out about not having time to plan the wedding , find vendors , do the research it takes to hire vendors and all that good jazz .
Im getting married June 29th 2013
Here are my top most concerns :

when do I send out save the dates ? I've got family coming from all over the world , Germany , Tiland spelling ?! , Florida , California anyways you got the point ... The reception will be held at a hotel and rooms will new to be reserved if they intend to stay ..

do you have any idea any cheaper screen printers in the area ? I'd like to make "terrible towels" with a design I had designed instead of the traditional bubbles when we are introduced in the reception , I'll need approx 200ish and ... That gets expensive!

wedding favors ?
Any unique ideas ?

place cards !
I've looked EVERYWHERE ; where do people get these things holy moly .

Thanks for your time !
Mindy

Re: Help!

• Options
    1)Save the dates are done 6-9 months out. Since you have family everywhere, go closer to the 8-9 month range. My wedding is in December, I sent mine in April. My friend who got married in June sent his in December. 

2) No clue about the towels, I've never tried them before. I'd look at someplace that you can print t-shirts and I'm sure you can buy them in bulk to bring to the store. There should be something around OSU's campus. 

3) Wedding favors are not necessary, so don't freak out about them. Oriental Trading has some fun stuff. My favorite favor I've ever gotten is a set of cards. My MOH was in a wedding where the bride and her mom made jam and apple butter and put them in decorative jars as favors. There was also a wedding that I went to where the favor was a personalized bottle of wine from a nearby winery (one for every couple/family). 

4) Place cards- there's a couple of ways to do this. I think we might be doing ours as part of our favors, which I want to be either ornaments or picture frames. We'll just print them on card stock. You can also go to someplace like Vistaprint and order folded business cards and handwrite the names. Other stationary stores have that. There are also websites like placecards.com that let you upload your guest list so you don't have to write them. I'm pretty sure you can also buy premade ones and print them from a normal printer. 

Also- I'm assuming you mean Thailand?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_help-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:2f61fdd9-a7a8-46df-aeea-da0b438c3c75Post:5f01452d-0844-42d7-aeb0-d0c807b0050d">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1)Save the dates are done 6-9 months out. Since you have family everywhere, go closer to the 8-9 month range. My wedding is in December, I sent mine in April. My friend who got married in June sent his in December.  2) No clue about the towels, I've never tried them before. I'd look at someplace that you can print t-shirts and I'm sure you can buy them in bulk to bring to the store. There should be something around OSU's campus.  3) Wedding favors are not necessary, so don't freak out about them. Oriental Trading has some fun stuff. My favorite favor I've ever gotten is a set of cards. My MOH was in a wedding where the bride and her mom made jam and apple butter and put them in decorative jars as favors. There was also a wedding that I went to where the favor was a personalized bottle of wine from a nearby winery (one for every couple/family).  4) Place cards- there's a couple of ways to do this. I think we might be doing ours as part of our favors, which I want to be either ornaments or picture frames. We'll just print them on card stock. You can also go to someplace like Vistaprint and order folded business cards and handwrite the names. Other stationary stores have that. There are also websites like placecards.com that let you upload your guest list so you don't have to write them. I'm pretty sure you can also buy premade ones and print them from a normal printer.  Also- I'm assuming you mean Thailand?
    Posted by saacjw[/QUOTE]

THANK  you , yes i mean Thailand . I was on my phone and could not figure out how to spell it for the love of me! 
    I was thinking about doing name cards as business cards, as Vistaprint often does like, 250 for 10 bucks or something like that, but .. Im not sure I would trust anyone to hand write all the names on them . Im very .... particular about the way things are done . I like the idea of wine bottles, I could only imagine the bill for that though! 
    Cards eghhh .. maybe i could do something with that  - Do you know where you can get them personalized at? 
  • Options
    Cards are easy to find. I know a lot of people around here use Vistaprint. I've seen nice ones on Zazzle, Wedding Papers Divas, pretty much any wedding stationary place. If you're computer graphic inclined, you can design your own and upload a jpeg or pdf to one of those site or Catprint (which is what I did for my save the dates and am doing for my invites). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First off, congrats on your wedding! 
    We sent our save the dates about 6 months before our wedding. We sent them in April for our November wedding.

The towel idea, I unfortunately can not help out with too much as I don't live in Columbus (not until October anyways)... I personally have my own screen printer that I use to make shirts and such like that. I doubt that would be an option for you though...

And, if you're going to do favors, and you'll be doing the towels, why not have THAT be your favor?? 
    And place cards... so many options. I am a huge DIY bride and am making my own. Tent cards are really really easy and you can get them at the craft store and print them on your own, etc.

You've got plenty of time to work out all of these fun details. I'd concentrate more on figuring out your budget, look at venues and find vendors too. All of the "good" ones tend to book up quickly and they are what will help make your wedding day amazing and special!

Good luck!!
  • Options
    My neice's school in new Mexico made waving-towels for a fundraiser/giveaway, and ordered them from this company.  They were a big hit!   
    http://www.ziagraphics.com/products.htm
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_help-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:2f61fdd9-a7a8-46df-aeea-da0b438c3c75Post:10dcd7f0-deb6-47a2-8771-cebdc9b2e4b2">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]First off, congrats on your wedding!  We sent our save the dates about 6 months before our wedding. We sent them in April for our November wedding. The towel idea, I unfortunately can not help out with too much as I don't live in Columbus (not until October anyways)... I personally have my own screen printer that I use to make shirts and such like that. I doubt that would be an option for you though... And, if you're going to do favors, and you'll be doing the towels, why not have THAT be your favor??  And place cards... so many options. I am a huge DIY bride and am making my own. Tent cards are really really easy and you can get them at the craft store and print them on your own, etc. You've got plenty of time to work out all of these fun details. I'd concentrate more on figuring out your budget, look at venues and find vendors too. All of the "good" ones tend to book up quickly and they are what will help make your wedding day amazing and special! Good luck!!
    Posted by ohsoashley[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Fortunitely , ive got all that taken care of .. 
    All my deposits are paid, budget - is ... well ... I was told to not make my parents go broke. </div><div>I dont have a screen printer, i was thinking about buying one though, but i dont know how to use it .. Any chance maybe you'd consider making them for me If i sent you the towels and the photoshop design and you could ship them to me ? Of course id pay you ! and you would have a whole year to do them ... 

My wedding is on the feild at The shoe, and then my reception is at the crowne plaza downtown columbus, so .. thankfully .. decorations and such are covered in my reception package.. I was thinking the towels could be a favor as well, but is that tacky? </div>
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    We sent our save the dates out 6 months before the wedding, we wanted to get them out slightly before the wedding invite because we wanted people to know about hotels! For you I would say you should send them out almost a year out, just because you have so many people from really really far away! 

I have no idea where you would do that, did you check vistaprint or a t-shirt making place, you could possibly supply the towel and they could print on it! if you make them yourself, I would say just look around, possibly walmart for the towels, i don't know of a bulk place for towels but walmart is fairly cheap! you have time!

For wedding favor we did girl scout cookies! I am a life time member so it was a part of us, I like the candy bar ideas! I would defintiely do food, I don't want a koozie or something with your names on it! 

I would say make your place cards, buy a cutter and make it with 12x12 cardstock and fold in half, much cheaper option and print names on computer paper! 

• Options
    I'd totally make them for you, especially since your wedding is so far away. We actually move to Columbus at the end of October, so I will eventually be local for you :-)

I'd need to do some research though. What color/colors would you want? I wanna make sure I'd have the right colors or could get them to be able to do it. I have the YUDU screen printing machine. I've made quite a few shirts and such, so towels should be pretty simple. 

And I am TOTALLY jealous your wedding is in the Shoe. We did engagement pics back in April. It was my first time ever being at that stadium at all, and I ADORED it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_help-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:2f61fdd9-a7a8-46df-aeea-da0b438c3c75Post:b6292bf3-1707-475e-abc9-4da3591f033a">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd totally make them for you, especially since your wedding is so far away. We actually move to Columbus at the end of October, so I will eventually be local for you :-) I'd need to do some research though. What color/colors would you want? I wanna make sure I'd have the right colors or could get them to be able to do it. I have the YUDU screen printing machine. I've made quite a few shirts and such, so towels should be pretty simple.  And I am TOTALLY jealous your wedding is in the Shoe. We did engagement pics back in April. It was my first time ever being at that stadium at all, and I ADORED it!
    Posted by ohsoashley[/QUOTE]

If you want to email me at Mindy.Steineman@facebook.com , I could send you a picture of the idea of the towels i had . 
    Its nothing to hard, just Ohio State colors, and some text. 
    I could def send the towels, and then honestly, i would probably just come get them if your going to be local ! Shipping is outrageous these days! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards