Massachusetts-Boston

Why bother being a bridesmaid??? (Rant)

So two weeks ago MOH and I planned a big wedding shopping trip, including shoe and jewelry shopping for the bridesmaids. My sister asked if she could come, and the time we were going even fit into her schedule, and yet she didn't go with us. She told us that whatever shoe we pick, it needs to come in wide sizes.

So we pick a shoe, and I needed my sister to just go and try it on to see if it fits her. We planned to go last Saturday... so my other sister and I waited at my house for her to show up... and she called and cancelled, saying let's go this wekeend instead.

So on FB, she writes "answer your phone! we need to talk about this weekend.... tight schedule"

WTF?!! She has done this Every. Single. Time. Some of you might remember the dress shopping trip where she cancelled, so I went and picked a dress myself, and she was beyond p!ssed. I mean, why bother even wanting to be a bridesmaid? I'm ready to call her up and tell her to forget it!!

Re: Why bother being a bridesmaid??? (Rant)

• edited December 2011
    ugh! Super frustrating!  Nothing else to say but I am sorryFrown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I can never get my bm's together so I just tell them where to go and they can do it themselves since some of them are super busy with work and kids. What if you tell her u will get them for her, drop them off to her and if they dont fit, just go and return them.
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh! sorry you are in such a horrible situation....could this be a jealousy thing, or is she always like this? If she's not married/single/divorced/etc, she may be having a hard time accepting your happiness.  I was ridiculously upset when all of my friends got engaged before me, but I was still happy for them and was more than happy to oblige.  Good luck, and I hope it all works out!
  • Ishaba11Ishaba11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in a wedding in June and there is a bm like this. She doesnt want to contribute or help with anything because she is always busy. She is even missing the bachelorette party because her boyfriend's aunt is having a surprise party that night. It's not even HER aunt! We even changed the date of it because she was going on vacation the weekend we had it planned. I understand how frustrating it can be.

I say just tell her where to go and what to get. Dont be accomodating to someone who isnt even trying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry about the continued frustrations Love.  You really go out of your way and are so accommodating when most girls would have been VERY over it by now.

I honestly think you have done everything you can and at this point you just need to do things for YOU.  If she can't come this weekend then that's her issue.  You really have gone above and beyond...at this point, I would stop going out of your way.

Hugs!
  • edited December 2011
    How old is she?? If my sister was being like that I'd be a bit of a bridezilla seriously unlike a friend she's family so I'd tell her to get it the f together. Is that mean? hahaha
    My sisters are 20 and 18 and the 20 year old was a bit rude about the first few bm dresses I liked I told her I would wear a potato bag to her wedding if that's what she wanted so I hope she likes the final dress we all agree on (luckily she does) but I'm buying the thing so she is going to wear it if she wants to be in the weddingTongue out
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I don't know what her issue is. Maybe jealousy, maybe she's mad because she is not the MOH, I have no idea. And I pretty have picked out the shoe, but my sister says she needs a wide size and I don't think the one I picked comes in wide, otherwise I would have told her to just go buy them.

What ticks me off now is that she just sent me a text saying that she is free by 1:30 so can we go then, she just has plans at 6. First of all, our other sister, who waited with me last Saturday for all of us to go, doesn't get out of work until 3. Second, when we rearranged plans last weekend, sister told me that she would keep the whole day free. And today our other sister told me that sister had plans with the boyfriend, and that's why she thinks she is all of a sudden busy. I don't even know how to reply to a text like that, like nothing was ever wrong.
  • edited December 2011

Ridiculous, I'm so sorry. Is there any way you could plan a lunch or something where you promise not to talk about any wedding stuff (and just sort of hope whatever issues she's having will come out and things will be better)? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards