Outdoor Weddings

Night wedding

I would like an outdoor wedding and would love to do it at night (candles, flowy vintage wedding dress, summer moonlight, desert climate, close friends and family only- all make night seem so nice!)

How do I do photography?

Is it tacky to do a dinner or dessert party in another dress before hand?

What venue (if any) would allow a small after hour get together?

Re: Night wedding

• Are you hiring a pro photographer? If so, I would let them worry about all the photography issues.

I say wear whatever you would like!

As far as a venue, this is an international board, so you may want to ask on your local wedding board.
  • I don't think it is per se "tacky" to have another dress, but I do know that if I am spending lots of money on a special gown, I would like to wear it all night long! 
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Where is your venue? Is it lighted?
    Let your photographer know the details and maybe you could do a "test" shoot to see if you like it.

Happy Planning!

Anniversary bethandanthony.weebly.com
  • Definitely talk to your photographer about it - they're the best ones to give you ideas.

Just my two cents - Twinkle lights look great at an outdoor night wedding!  They're also inexpensive and easy to set up.
  • Having done some night weddings... make sure there is enough light so  that the officiant can read the text! Your audience is there to see YOU get married. So make sure that they can see YOU. They want to take pictures too and won't be able to with their point-and-shoot cameras.
    www.weddingchaplain.wordpress.com
  • I am having a night wedding too and just like Mrs. Dudley said, let them worry about it. Just be sure that your makeup doesn't have any zinc in it, otherwise you will have that horrific white halo look around your face when the photographer's flash goes off.

I think candles are a great idea. I'm using them too, but I can't help but think that when I am walking in to the reception my dress may catch on fire.

There are a lot of venues that will allow you to have a small get together after hours, just ask around. Find a place you really like and see what they can do. For example, a lot of mansions in the French Quarter have amazing courtyards (and small intimate hotels in the area), so maybe you could find a restaurant with a goregous courtyard in your area.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards