Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Alter Decor Help!!

So we are having a September wedding with Orange and Purple as our colors... I have no idea what I want to do with our Alter at church. We originally were going to have an outdoor wedding, but due to Michigan weather, we would rather not take a chance. Here is a picture of our alter during a winter wedding. I think they did an amazing job, but I dont know what to do about mine?!  :-(  

PLEASE HELP!

Re: Alter Decor Help!!

• To be honest I don't even see the altar in your picture so it's hard to help.

Usually people put a couple of flower arrangements (one on either side, maybe some on the floor) at the altar.  You could also use large candelabras or something similar.
  • Didn't OP post this same question just the other day or am I hallucinating?
  • edited December 2010
    Nevermind, I just answered my own question. Yes, she did. I guess bc she only got one response she thought she would try it again.
  • Keep it simple - the picture you show looks like a bad Christmas pageant with the fake snow and the big poofy thing in the middle.

Place a couple of floral arrangements around the altar and it will be beautiful. No need to over decorate :-)
  • I agree with the others. I would just put floral arrangements on either site in your colors. You don't need the alter to look like some sort of "set" to take pictures.  It will look beautiful just having you, your bridesmaids and some flowers in your colors in it! :)

Hope that helps
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards