January 2013 Weddings
Options

5 days!!

I'm getting married this weekend and have yet to get the wedding license! We were waiting until two weeks before and then a snow storm hit and they just got power back and closed until after New Years! So I'm hoping 3 days before is okay. I told my mom that I'm having the ceremony regardless if I have to go back and do a courthouse ceremony later or however that works. I think I've transcended my thoughts everything needs to be perfect, if everything goes by plan whatever if not as long as I'm married at the end of the day! I got a call the other day my decor lady has been slacking on her job so we will see how that all turns out!! I hope everyone has a great New Years and a wonderful wedding week for all the brides this week/weekend!

Re: 5 days!!

• Options
    I don't know your local laws, but I think that 3 days before should be fine. We filled out the application online and went in and did a little swearing ceremony that said everything on it was true and that was it.

Enjoy your wedding day!

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better... we have to do it the day before! Neither of us lives in WI (where the wedding is) and he wont be in town until the day of the rehearsal... and we both have to be physically present to even request a license. all our county requires is an additional $25 rush fee to have it by the next day.

Good luck! 
  • Options
    Best of luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards