Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Gateway Clipper

Hi Ladies - I'm new to the board, just thought I would ask if anyone had any advice about getting married on the Gateway Clipper?

Price seems reasonable for all that is included, and I think it would be a beautiful view for the guests, especially all the ones from out of town.

My major concerns are the food quality, people being stuck on the boat all night, rain plan, and having all of my pictures be on the boat.  If anyone has any advice on those topics that would be great!

Thanks so much!!

Re: Gateway Clipper

• I haven't been to any weddings on the Gateway Clipper though think that would be a really unique experience for everyone! Maybe you can just have the Clipper stay at the dock during your ceremony, that way you can get off and take pictures around the area, before getting back on and sailing during the reception? Just a thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement!!

Personally, I think the Gateway Clipper sounds like a great idea in theory, but in reality, the whole being stuck on the boat all night thing would be a deal breaker for me. If you have any older guests, guests who have a long drive home, or you're planning on inviting young children, they may not be able or willing to commit to being there all night. Also, from what I can remember of the events I've been to on the Clipper, the food was okay- not amazing, but not terrible either.

Sorry, I know this wasn't very positive advice, but I think taking your guests' ability to stay on a boat all evening is something you'll need to seriously consider. Good luck!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_gateway-clipper-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d0dc4fe2-08ee-4d7f-82f7-a8ea844a6245Post:11d2182f-2abb-4c2a-9037-b3c28bc9a33e">Gateway Clipper</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies - I'm new to the board, just thought I would ask if anyone had any advice about getting married on the Gateway Clipper? Price seems reasonable for all that is included, and I think it would be a beautiful view for the guests, especially all the ones from out of town. My major concerns are the food quality, people being stuck on the boat all night, rain plan, and having all of my pictures be on the boat.  If anyone has any advice on those topics that would be great! Thanks so much!!
    Posted by hethafeather86[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello!</div><div><div>
    </div><div>This is going to sound a little bit random but my husband and I own a wedding videography business called Steady Creek Cinema in Pittsburgh PA. If you still need to hire a videographer, we would be happy to accommodate you! As newly weds ourselves, we understand how hectic planning can be! When you have a second, check us out at:</div><div>steadycreekcinema.com. If you have any questions, comments or just simply want to meet up to discuss your big day, we provided our gmail address below. Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck with all of your planning!</div></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Sincerely,</div><div>Bethany & Andrew D'Amico</div><div>steadycreekcinema@gmail.com</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_gateway-clipper-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d0dc4fe2-08ee-4d7f-82f7-a8ea844a6245Post:11d2182f-2abb-4c2a-9037-b3c28bc9a33e">Gateway Clipper</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies - I'm new to the board, just thought I would ask if anyone had any advice about getting married on the Gateway Clipper? Price seems reasonable for all that is included, and I think it would be a beautiful view for the guests, especially all the ones from out of town. My major concerns are the food quality, people being stuck on the boat all night, rain plan, and having all of my pictures be on the boat.  If anyone has any advice on those topics that would be great! Thanks so much!!
    Posted by hethafeather86[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello!</div><div><div>
    </div><div>This is going to sound a little bit random but my husband and I own a wedding videography business called Steady Creek Cinema in Pittsburgh PA. If you still need to hire a videographer, we would be happy to accommodate you! As newly weds ourselves, we understand how hectic planning can be! When you have a second, check us out at:</div><div>steadycreekcinema.com. If you have any questions, comments or just simply want to meet up to discuss your big day, we provided our gmail address below. Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck with all of your planning!</div></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Sincerely,</div><div>Bethany & Andrew D'Amico</div><div>steadycreekcinema@gmail.com</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • I actually inquired with them for our wedding also.  They do stay docked for the ceremony and sail for the actually reception/dinner part of your evening.  Our issue with them was that my grandfather is 95 and his grandparents are mid 80s. The concern that we had was the ceremony would have been done on the top of the boat and would our grandparents be able to make it up and down 3 flights of stairs.  We booked with Cefalo's in Carnegie instead!  LOVE it there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards