Outdoor Weddings
Options

Tents!

My fiance and I are having a very casual wedding in the middle of september at a gorgeous park with lots of trees and gardens. We have a tiny budget (luckily the park is really inexpensive $200 for 4 hours), we were trying to cut costs by forgoing tents. My question is it ok to go without tents? The trees add quite a bit of shade. The wedding's going to be between 1 and 5 pm and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. Thanks!

Re: Tents!

• Options
    I would only go without tents if you have a backup location in the event of rain. 

An option if there is no space or real budget to hire a large tent would be to try and find smaller (10x10 or 10x20) wall-less tents that you can use throughout the space.  I have some family members that own these and were willing to lend them for my wedding.  You may be able to ask around to friends, family, your church or local community centres.  If you're more worried about the sun than anything else these may be nice to have as shade-spots.

• Options
    I agree with PP.  As long as you have a backup plan, I see no problem with not having tents.  I actually quite like the look of tables set up under trees.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    The park has a built in rain plan, there's a manor in the park that they do indoor events in. I was thinking about getting a small tent just for the food and then setting the tables up under the trees for a picnic feel. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Yes - I was going to say a tent will be much appreciated for catering or the bar.  Especially the bar since if it's a sunny day the ice will be melting quickly!

Your rain plan sounds great so I would say go for the tables under the trees - it will be lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards