Michigan-Detroit

Confessions/Vents

Anything you have to get off your chest?  Let's hear it!

Re: Confessions/Vents

• I was SO SO mad at FI yesterday when I got home from work.

He's laid off from work right now and planning on going back to school in January, so he has NOTHING to do during the day. I asked him to unpack all of our sh&t from when we went to visit our parents over the holiday and when I got home from work our apartment still looked like christmas had exploded all over it and he was sitting on the couch in his underwear playing on FB where I'd left him HOURS earlier.

I went on a cleaning rampage and wouldn't talk to him for the rest of the night. I was just so frustrated that I had to get up early and go to work and all I asked him to do was put our stuff away so the apartment wouldn't be trashed, but instead after working all day I got to come home and do it myself.

I swear to god, if he doesn't do something productive today I may actually blow up at him (I hate fighting)
  • I confess I am feeling really lazy and I don't want to paint the bathroom.  But I've told everyone that I was going to do it so now I have to.  Bleh.

I confess that I feel really bad about yelling at Bella.  She jumped on the second floor bannister this morning and I yanked her off and yelled at her something fierce.  I feel awful but if I didn't yell at her, she'd do it again.  She is now asleep underneath the coffee table and I think she's avoiding me.
  • I confess that my apartment, and by extension, my life, is a disaster zone. So much so that one of my to-do's tonight is to wrap Christmas presents! I had to make an unplanned trip out of town over the holidays and as such my parents, FI and I didn't get a chance to celebrate Christmas. So, all of their presents are still unwrapped and I had to give poor FI his gift unwrapped.

Couple all that with the moving boxes that have been added to the mix, and the 2 weeks worth of laundry that has to get done and my home is not the tidy abode I like.

Unfortunately, this Christmas was a bit of a fail and I'm just ready for it to be mid-January!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was a crazy person yesterday. I stared my period and was a mess. I usually am not this bad but it was horrible. I thought I was going to strangle fi as he sat next to me eating dinner. I don't know why but his chewing was driving me up a wall. I took some deep breaths and didn't say anything to him though.

I am actually kind of glad he is working tonight. I want to go home lay on the couch and not talk to anyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-71?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b17264c1-70aa-497e-b96f-280a527b0d91Post:c4510681-3dd2-48dc-93b1-d007eeb9ee1d">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a crazy person yesterday. I stared my period and was a mess. I usually am not this bad but it was horrible. I thought I was going to strangle fi as he sat next to me eating dinner. I <strong>don't know why but his chewing was driving me up a wall.</strong> I took some deep breaths and didn't say anything to him though.   I am actually kind of glad he is working tonight. I want to go home lay on the couch and not talk to anyone.
    Posted by LOTON01[/QUOTE]

I am terrible and every so often DH's chewing makes me SO angry. He chews with his mouth closed so I do not get it but there are days it just bugs me. 

My vent/confession, my sister is driving me up the wall right now.  She is 20, acts like she is 15 and never has been held responsible for anything.  On Monday she came to stay with us for a couple nights and completely lost my trust.  10 minutes after I went to bed last night, I heard her leave our house without telling me. I don't care that she left, but she needs to let me know when she is leaving. A bit later she came back, but I had no idea where she went.  This morning DH realized she went to buy a 2 liter of sprite...she's a coke drinker (Which we have plenty of).  The only time I have seen her drink Sprite is when she drank with me for the first time last month.  So, now I am 99% positive she was sneaking stuff from my liquor cabinet.  I wouldn't have cared if she drank, but sneaking behind my back made me lose a lot of respect for her.

In the end, I feel like my mother but...if you want to be treated like a grown-up and make grown-up decisions, then Get a job. Move out. and Pay your own bills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-71?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b17264c1-70aa-497e-b96f-280a527b0d91Post:2a70138d-109d-4a87-a0a7-a7ba00ddd543">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : I am terrible and every so often DH's chewing makes me SO angry. He chews with his mouth closed so I do not get it but there are days it just bugs me.  My vent/confession, my sister is driving me up the wall right now.  She is 20, acts like she is 15 and never has been held responsible for anything.  On Monday she came to stay with us for a couple nights and completely lost my trust.  10 minutes after I went to bed last night, I heard her leave our house without telling me. <strong>I don't care that she left, but she needs to let me know when she is leaving.</strong> A bit later she came back, but I had no idea where she went.  This morning DH realized she went to buy a 2 liter of sprite...she's a coke drinker (Which we have plenty of).  The only time I have seen her drink Sprite is when she drank with me for the first time last month.  So, now I am 99% positive she was sneaking stuff from my liquor cabinet.<strong>  I wouldn't have cared if she drank, but sneaking behind my back made me lose a lot of respect for her</strong>. In the end, I feel like my mother but...if you want to be treated like a grown-up and make grown-up decisions, then Get a job. Move out. and Pay your own bills.
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am totally like this -- I don't necessarily <em>care</em> but I just want to be informed. Ugh. Sorry she's acting childish.

</div>
  • Confession:  **This may be long, sorry in advance!**

My FI and his sister got into a horrific argument last night on FB and via texting. Her hubby ended up getting involved and well, it didn't end well. I know FI didn't mean to come off a certain way, and it was blown out of proportion. But, now they are all angry and not speaking to each other. (Basically they disowned each other last night.)
    I don't know what to do. I stayed out of the argument because I felt it didn't involve me, his fights don't have to be mine-and vice versa. By the end of the argument she ended up deleting FI off of FB and then me as well and they both said some awful things. FI was upset that I didn't speak up and say anything, but it was about things that occurred before we started dating and I didn't know anything about it. 

With NYE so close and the entire family getting together, I feel REALLY uncomfortable about the whole situation. I avoid controversy. I don't like arguments, I am not a fighter. Yet, from what I have been told...she is. Part of me really wants to just stay home and avoid the entire scenario, but I have been told that to do that would make the situation even worse. I know she is going to be very confrontational and I don't want to feel attacked. FI refuses to speak to her and try to clear the air. If they would talk, they would realize that it is all a giant misunderstanding.

::sighs:: I just want to have a happy drama-free New Years. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards