Moms and Maids
Options

the vent of a bridesmaid

i don't know if anyone else ever feels this way. but i guess i've just been feeling like this lately.

i absolutely love my friend who's getting married. and i will do anything in any way that i can help her.
but i will admit, there are times when i do get a little bored of talking about wedding details and having her switch the topic back to her guest list and what not.
overall, i really don't mind too much. but does anyone else just get a little tired of wedding stuff?

i don't know if the brides do... seeing as i haven't been one (yet). i know how important of a day it is, and how exciting it is. but i just do want to confess that sometimes, i don't just want to talk about wedding stuff. or have plans broken for wedding/future in law stuff.

but i guess that's just part of the package haha.

Re: the vent of a bridesmaid

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just be thankful it doesn't last forever!  Even MOB's can be guilty of this.  I had a friend assigned to put a stop to my wedding rambling when she thought it had gone on long enough  Embarassed

She'll return to normal...I promise!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go over to the wedding party board, you will see brides constantly complaining that their BM are ignoring their phone calls and don't want to help out with the wedding.  We tell them it's their wedding and no one will ever be as excited for it as you are.  Don't talk about your wedding unless they ask you about it.  And your BMs are not required to help you plan your wedding because it's your wedding, not theirs.  Good luck to you. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jagore08 - i think you have it backwards ;) i'm the bridesmaid, not the bride.

Muffin'sMom - oh that is very true! :) i know i can't blame her that much... it IS very exciting!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_vent-of-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b324e050-c24a-4e27-b8da-66328c3d0d74Post:a2774c7d-6ff4-48a8-a51c-2951cf61810b">Re: the vent of a bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]jagore08 - i think you have it backwards ;) i'm the bridesmaid, not the bride. 
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No, I know you're a BM.  I was letting you know that we get the brides that think the BM don't care about their wedding and what we tell them.  It's all about perspective.  Send your friend over to the WP board and we'll help straighten her out.</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as she isn't putting ridiculous demands on you, just try to grin and bear it. She probably talks to you about her wedding so much, because she trusts your opinion and knows you aren't going to try to take over the planning. That's what you get for being such a great friend ; )

Every once in awhile, it would be okay to ask her what you both talked about before her engagement.

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had to remind myself how much I hated it when friends talked about nothing but their wedding the entire time they were engaged.  When you're planning a wedding, everything is on your mind when you are trying to figure it all out.  Once you get a handle on how to do this, the bride usually remembers that there is a world beyond them.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am engaged myself. I would never talk to my friends and BM about wedding stuff allll the time. It is like you are rubbing it in, When the wedding is over, what do they have to talk about?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards