California-San Diego

Hair/makeup recommendations for e-pics.

Hello everyone,
I am currently in Michigan planning a Michigan wedding for next April, but my FI lives out in San Diego and I will be joining him in a couple of months. We were engaged at Mt. Soledad and we are going to get some engagement pictures there during my next visit in a couple of weeks. I want to get my hair and makeup done before the setting and wanted to know if you ladies could make some recommendations.
Thanks for your help!!

185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Hair/makeup recommendations for e-pics.

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Cindy Rankin www.cindyrankin.com (she does hair and makeup), Flirt Makeup, and Tany with Salon Styletto for hair. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I second Flirt Makeup.  Ann is awesome!!  I did a trail with Henna's Hair Studio for my hair and loved her!  She is a one person show, but can bring on stylists for larger parties.  I got compliments on my hair all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the make up counters in Nordstroms, specifically Bobbi Brown because I love her make up. I also like Laura Mercier or Nars. Instead of booking with a more expensive make-up artist, I opted for the counters. They'll do your make-up for free with the request that you purchase an item... lip gloss is practical, eye liner is least expensive. Just a cost saving idea :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I have contacted a couple people, BUT I could use some concealer and lip gloss :), so I'll have to think about what to do.

185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my makeup trial with Flawless Beauty (flawlessbeautyonline.com), great job! Lan does airbrush makeup. I know she is $75 for the wedding day and $55 for the trial, but since you're only going to be here for the engagement photos and not the weddin I'm sure she would be able to just do the $55 deal, as long as she doesn't have another event that day. You can send her a message via her website.  I actually got the recommendation through The Knot and so far I have to say I am very happy. I can't guarentee, but you could check if you like.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards