Missouri-St Louis

do i need a planner?

I am recently engaged (Dec 12) and so far have do nothing as far as planning. We both work a ton with opposite days off.  I have trouble making big decisions.  I pay extra close attention to detail and am afraid I won't be able to get things done.  Would a planner be worth the extra cost? Needing help for the overwhelmed!

Re: do i need a planner?

• rachel9652rachel9652 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel my fiance and I are currently in graduate school so time is limited. We have a planner her name is Julie Vonder Haar and her business is Bomb Events. We are doing a modified plan that is a full coordinator with a few less services that we didn't think we needed. She also has smaller packages. It's really how you feel (I know that doesn't really help) if you think it's something that you need then check it out. You can always do month or day of coordination as well. I hope this gives you some sort of idea!
  • edited December 2011
    I am working with Anne from Fluer-de-Lis Events, and she is amazing!  She has helped to keep me (a busy school teacher who works days) and my fiance (who works nights) on track with everything.  She is part of a one stop shop wedding business too (photographer, florist, dj, dress maker, and makeup artist).  The more you book, the more you save.

fdlstl.com is her website - I would totally recommend that you at least check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    First off, congrats, Jessa! I know it can all be overwhelming at first.. what flowers to do I want? colors? location? It seems like you have so many decisions to make right now.. but I highly recommend that you take a minute and enjoy being engaged!  You don't have to make all those decisions this week, trust me, it will all fall in place!

With that being said, you sound a lot like me, indecisive but organized and detail-oriented! I did end up hiring Julie Vonder Haar as well for my day-of coordinator. She has really reasonable packages.  I'm confident that I can get everything together, I just need help the day of with things I can't physically do and I didn't want to pay a friend to help out. I want all my friends and fam to truly enjoy the day and pay a professional so I know things will get taken care of!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lgallagher16lgallagher16 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently was married and hired a planner (Lacy Branch Events).  I also work in the wedding industry and cannot begin to tell you how much a stress reliever it is to work with a planner.  They really help to keep you on track during the planning process and the day of the wedding, it gives your vendors someone to contact if there are any issues.  I HIGHLY recommend brides using planners.  Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards