Nevada-Las Vegas

One month to go and I'm starting to freak a little...

I haven't spent much time on this message board and I when I do get on here I usually just lurk and don't share much. I'm not home much and when I am I usually prefer to be far away from my computer. But I just want to let you all know that I do appreciate what I read and learn on here when I visit and I'll post reviews of our vendors on here when it's all over.  So everything is going pretty smoothly.  All 45 guests have their flights booked (except for those that are driving in). The part I'm freaking out a little over is the reception.  We're having it at Excalibur and booked our date with them last March when we visited Vegas.  The lady there had been there for many years and thats part of the reason why we went with them.  She seemed to know her stuff.  But now she's gone and replaced by a new lady that is not very good at returning phone calls, lost the record of our deposit (thank goodness we had a copy) and doesn't seem to be in the office much.  Our final payment is due today and she's nowhere to be found.  Also, they changed the menu and the buffet option we went with originally is no longer an option.  I know it's not the end of the world if we don't get the food we wanted but thier prices seemed to have gone up alot too which I don't think is fair. I just want to talk to this woman so I can rest easy about this one last final detail cause it's kind of a huge part of the day.  It's just bugging me that she hasn't called us back yet.  Everyone else we've dealt with has been more than helpful. Is anyone else going with Excalibur (or Luxor, they use the same catering people)?  Maybe I'm over reacting.  It is just after the holidays...just wanted to get someone elses view on it.   
Mr. and Mrs. Lawless

Re: One month to go and I'm starting to freak a little...

• I don't think you're overreacting.  If you're going to spend a lot of money on something, you have the right to expect reasonable communication, even if you're one of a thousand people whose wedding they handle every year; they shouldn't be in business if they can't run their business right.

With that being said, nearly every strip resort seems to have a mixture of good and horrible wedding coordinators and I dont know where they go, but the good ones seem to come and go too; maybe they hire them back and forth between hotels (good for the coordinators since they probably get a raise each time, bad for guests).  Anyway, if this person is truly not responding to emails or voicemails, try to find the manager and see if things can be improved.  Second option, if the coordinator is nonresponsive, can you get in touch with the manager of the venue in Excalibur where you're having the reception?  I had some issues with Mandalay's group dining people but found that once I got in touch with the restaurant manager at Mix where we got married, nothing else to worry about.  He was a lot more communicative and good with emailing.

If neither of those pan out, can't say I'd really want to give my business to the place if they can't be bothered to work with you.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  Turns out she was just away an extra day for the holiday and got in touch with us yesterday afternoon. She let us go with the original menu they had back in March and even gave us a few extras at no charge like the dance floor.  I'm so excite and relieved now.
    Mr. and Mrs. Lawless
  • That's good to hear, and I'm sure gave you a lot of relief.  :)
  • yeah. what a relief. hopefully she will continue to be in touch. i recommend keeping the manager's number...JUST IN CASE
    Wedding Countdown Ticker MRS WRIGHT TO BE :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards