Snarky Brides
Options

Is this bridezilla-ish?

My fiancé and I live two hours apart from eachother. We decided to have our wedding by my house since I'll be moving near his family when we are married. Our actual venue is 1 hr 45 min from there house and the wedding is on a Sunday night. My mother keeps suggesting that me and my husband-to-be put his family up in a hotel for a night so they don't have to drive home. I don't think this is necesary- they aren't contributing towards this event financially, they are both retired so no work for them Monday morning (they also dont drink so its not a question of safety) We are on a tight budget and this seems superfluous to me. They've never had to drive down to my area before- is having them do it once terrible? I feel if it's mandatory to them- they can swing there own overnight stay

Re: Is this bridezilla-ish?

• Options
    You are not obligated to pay for their overnight stay in a hotel.
  • Options
    If you can block off rooms for your guests, excellent (sometimes they will offer you a discount rate if X amount of people book rooms). If not whatever, they can deal.

Like PP said, either they can pay for their own hotel room, or take it home a bit early. No, you aren't being a bridezilla.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    No, you're not being a bridezilla. Its not even a far drive. They'll be fine! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That's not that far to drive. And if they choose to stay the night, it's not your responsibility to pay for their accomodations.
  • Options
    thats not that far to drive. If they want to stay the night they can get thier own hotel room.
  • Options
    I will be honest, an hour and 45 minutes at the end of a VERY long day is a long drive in my opinion, especially depending on what time they choose to leave the wedding.  However, you are not under any obligation to pay for their hotel room. Would it be nice, yes. Do you have to do it, no.
  • Options
    Long drive, yes. Should you pay for them to stay somewhere? no way. If they want to stay it's up to them. It's their own personal expense, not yours.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    You aren't required to pay for hotels for your guests.  You could, however, make a wedding website with general information and make sure you put a list of hotels on there in various price ranges.  Put a few cheaper ones, and a few higher end places and they should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards