Indiana
Options

Indiana's no smoking Ban & reception hall!!

So I called our reception hall today to ask a few more questions.  We are on a tight budget so our reception is at an American Legion.  Well before I got off the phone the guy decides to mention something about smoking.  He says that since it will be after the July 1st smoking ban & that I'll have people under 18 in the reception that it has to be non smoking which is totally fine by me.  I don't want my wedding dress smelling like an ashtray!  Then he says that my guest would have to go OUTSIDE....around the building & enter the bar from the FRONT to get drinks!!!!  This smoking ban forbids them from opening the doors that seperate the bar & the banquet hall!  I about flipped.  My guests should not have to go outside let alone walk around a building & back to get their drinks!  What if it rains, is cold, for us in dresses WINDY!?!?  I told him we'd have to reconsider & might have to change venues.  Thank god he then said since our deposit is already paid he'd just give us our own bartender!!!  Close call!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Indiana's no smoking Ban & reception hall!!

• Options
    Yikes! I understand the smoking part, but the bar part is crazy. Maybe it's because they allow smoking in the bar.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    You can't smoke in a bar in this state if it share a roof with a non-bar area. Not sure how they worked around that! Would make more sense to not ban smoking and let you choose if you want a smoke free facility and access to the bar that day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards